New carrier tweak - Add Cartographics to the redemption office

I think this would be a good addition. Essentially the FC owner pays a fee for UC to set up an office on their ship, and they can take a cut from the explorer when the explorer sells data there.

I don't understand the objection that currently people have to head back to the bubble to sell data, as that isn't true anymore. There are numerous stations out in the black that you can swing by, and it just adds to gameplay options if players are allowed to set up and run their own.

Am i the only person who thinks storing data on an indestructable ship is a problem? If you could blow carriers up.. well it probably wouldnt make the complaints go away but it would at least give a little justification to it.

Am i the only person who thinks storing data on an indestructable ship is a problem? If you could blow carriers up.. well it probably wouldnt make the complaints go away but it would at least give a little justification to it.

I think the issue is that these are not "ships" they are mobile, player-owned space stations. With that comes cross-instance, cross-mode visibility so - like stations - they kinda have to be invulnerable 'cause everyone can't be logged in 24 hours a day to defend their carrier.

TBH - I think they should just rename them to Mobile Outposts and come at the whole "one big ship to carry your other ships" thing from a different angle later.

Solution would be to create a "dead" faction and have influence go there; no impact on BGS and payouts rewarded to explorer's.

Done.

Solution would be to create a "dead" faction and have influence go there; no impact on BGS and payouts rewarded to explorer's.

Done.
Which is what the current mega ships do, or they are linked to some type of pilots federation branch.

I would love it if they added UC to the carriers. Data gets sold to UC, tariff goes to the carrier, everyone wins. Idk what people are on about with “removing the danger” from exploring.

first of all, exploring is not dangerous. I have taken more damage to my ship while mining than in the hundreds of hours exploring. Also I think that the benefit of selling data on them is offset by someone needing to jump a damn carrier all the way out to where it will be useful. Which, if there are no changes, will take some amount of weeks or months.

Lack of UC just sort of f***s over explorers for FCs. Not having it will be a strong reason for exploration groups to never use them.

Top Bottom