New Coaster editor sucks

Sorry for using the word suck but the new coaster editor doesn't work for me... The older editor before alpha install worked great! I cant really explain why but i think many people feel the same way?! But i have total confidence in a good game ty for the hard work i love this game.

Last edited:
Uh... could you at least make some points on what 'sucks' about the Coaster Editor? The developers will probably take that feedback into consideration.

Sorry for using the word suck but the new coaster editor doesn't work for me... The older editor before alpha install worked great! I cant really explain why but i think many people feel the same way?! But i have total confidence in a good game ty for the hard work i love this game.

It doesn't 'suck' for me.. in fact, I feel it far superior to alpha one

I could never have created this before:

https://youtu.be/3gD0K1OQuMI

Last edited:
I thought the same at first, but I got used to the new one fairly quickly and find it much much better and intuitive. It has few flaws, but I believe that frontier will do their best to get rid of these problems.

I would be dissapointed if they rolled back to alpha 1 version :/

I don't see how it sucks, its pretty much the same, only they moved the track length to the track rather than the menu at the bottom, and have more options.
AND a much better smoothing tool so that you can get extremely smooth.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I agree the coaster editor has quite a learning curve but once you get the hang of it it's a VERY powerfull tool.

Hopefully they will update it some more so it gives us more freedom to create certain track elements. But thats more about lifting restrictions as it's about the "core" way of working with the tool.
Im pretty content with the tool itself.

You guy's convinced me... Indeed i don't like the mouse control which controls the banking, height and length of the track. Its too fidelly... Before you could twist the track by rotating. Now that's impossible. I would like to see that back. Still you guy's convinced me ill have to adept i think. I do like that twist you've send Stuk71 its very smooth...

Ty for the comments!

Darn you still can twist the track by rotating i'm sorry.... I'm such a fool i didn't test thoroughly.

Please close this thread cause the editor is awesome!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

I discovered that The American Arrow doesn't allow twisting track.... The Stand-up Enigma does! I wish i could twist The Amarican arrow also! ty captainjelle out.

Overall it is of course MUCH better so saying it 'sucks' is a bit strong, things like the Autocomplete and Autotunnel are just WOW! However, it IS more fiddly to use and I prefer the A1 larger drag buttons to the smaller ones now used.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. At first I was a bit concerned with the changes but be patient and play around with it more. Once you understand how to interpret it, it becomes way more advanced in my eyes

The ONE thing they really should take from ALpha one is the Dial that allowed you to twist the track. It was so much easier to know what you were doign and strighten up the track again because all you did was dial the icon back to the centre. The new one is much less clear in that regard.

Also how the ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ can u see what you're doing once the coaster goes undergound. it's pretty much guess work.

Yeah I don't see what people would have against the new coaster editor. As much as people want to say it's bad, it's easily MUCH MUCH better than the previous. For starters, you can make perfectly smooth coasters now with no janky transitions, you can shape out inversions much easier than before and you can even adjust your heartline with every coaster piece. It's seriously one of the most creative and intuitive coaster editors I've ever used.

Also, this is coming from someone that has a strong background in Nolimits 2 editor and FVD ++, with NL2 being a professional simulation, Planet Coasters new Coaster Editor is merely a single step behind NL2's, and if the developers (hopefully) add more flexibility with shaping then it will easily top any other coaster builder to date. Great work Frontier, you've outdone yourselves yet again.

It's all about getting adjusted to new things and adapting. I hated the coaster tool for the first day or two, but now I find it much more easier to get my layout done as I go. Now there are some elements that I do hope they tweak here and there like some of the inversions- Immelman loop for example. Which I have confidence that their going to change more before the official release. I'm hoping that they add it to where you can edit track pieces in elements for easier editing, along with the ability to add chain lifts to all coaster types and catwalks.

You may dislike or hate it at the moment, but just play around with it some. Once you get adjusted to the ease of the editing tool you'll find that joy of building some awesome creations. We still need half-loops and some more tweaking on the smoothness of inversions without having to use the smooth tool so much, which I really enjoy the smooth tool.

How anyone managed to come up with a reliable method to make a custom loop/half loop on coasters which don't allow 90 degree track? Everytime I try I can get the rough shape with a bit of trial and error but I can't get a smooth line from the flat bit to the upside down bit. The smooth tool just introduces a load of wibble wobble if you dare touch it.

I feel they need to introduce some fixed top view and side view cameras specifically intended for creating custom inversions. Or maybe an 'invert' button which makes the game assume you want the track to be upside down. And a 'straighten' button which you can use on multiple sections of track would be very useful as well in the absence of gridlines.

I think it definitely has potential and they have plenty of time to improve it. I feel I may have gone a bit helix mad though, it's much better than previous RCT games at letting you build interesting helix sections. I also like how it tries to suggest alternative paths when the track is blocked by other bits of track.

The smoothing tool is good but you have to take care to not overuse it on inverted sections otherwise you can end up with the wibble wobble again.

Last edited:
The editor is overall greatly improved! One thing that sucks is that we STILL can't make custom loops for some reason, and twisting tracks can be a bit buggy. Other than that, t's pretty damn good! (But seriously make us able to do custom loops without having to use glitches, please!)

You all perfectly express what i'm feeling but find it difficult to find the words for it. But this thread tells it all i think. How on earth could i've used the word suck don't want any negativity against this company cause they are just outstanding in everything. And yes i'm now fully familiarized with the coaster editor and it is, and will be great!

The editor is overall greatly improved! One thing that sucks is that we STILL can't make custom loops for some reason, and twisting tracks can be a bit buggy. Other than that, t's pretty damn good! (But seriously make us able to do custom loops without having to use glitches, please!)

Do they want us to give us this ability? Because as they claimed, they want the editor to be realistic so we can build only elements supported by certain coaster type. If they allow us to do any kind of loop, wouldn´t it actually allow us to break this rule and create coasters with elements that do not exist in RL? Just having that feeling that these limits are there on purpose.

Last edited:
Do they want us to give us this ability? Because as they claimed, they want the editor to be realistic so we can build only elements supported by certain coaster type. If they allow us to do any kind of loop, wouldn´t it actually allow us to break this rule and create coasters with elements that do not exist in RL? Just having that feeling that these limits are there on purpose.

They're absolutely there on purpose. I don't like the fact that floating land is OK but a custom loop is too unrealistic....

Top Bottom