Hi, there.
My name is Swizzy o7o7, and I've killed over 100 people in DG2 already!

Judging by an average exploration mission, from my current range at a rough 6,000 LY, which is an estimated total of around 100,000,000 credits lost per person, I can rightfully say I've harvested around 10 billion credits from explorer's.

I don't have the credits....no. (New game mechanic, perhaps....?)
....But neither do they!

This is a new sport in Elite: Dangerous called 'competitive exploration'

I believe it should be represented in the codex statistics, and also in the squadron statistics, how many credits I have lawfully (anarchy system's), and justifiably revoked CMDR's from retaining such ill-gotten gains, and I should simply be recognised for such herosim.

Have a good Distant Worlds 2 expedition,

Z0Z0,
Swizzy o7o7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZrw1rLNP_8
(Here is an example of excellent competitive exploration emergent gameplay.)

LOL!

Ok, so I don't hate this idea, although for consistency I would insist that there also be stats for cargo/bounties/combat bonds destroyed. Some would complain that having such a stat in-game would encourage troll behavior, but I would respond that it would be entirely in keeping with Frontier's explicitly-stated position that random serial PKing is totally fine.

I would quibble with your total though. So far almost all of the DW2 waypoints have been at bases where you can sell exploration data. I really doubt the typical participant (*especially* the sort that can't be bothered to get into one of the PGs) is holding on to that much scan data between data drops. Plus it's highly likely that a bunch of your targets were at waypoint locations, in which case many of them may have *just* sold their data and had zero at risk when you found them. I'd find 5-10M a more plausible average loss.

LOL!

Ok, so I don't hate this idea, although for consistency I would insist that there also be stats for cargo/bounties/combat bonds destroyed. Some would complain that having such a stat in-game would encourage troll behavior, but I would respond that it would be entirely in keeping with Frontier's explicitly-stated position that random serial PKing is totally fine.

I would quibble with your total though. So far almost all of the DW2 waypoints have been at bases where you can sell exploration data. I really doubt the typical participant (*especially* the sort that can't be bothered to get into one of the PGs) is holding on to that much scan data between data drops. Plus it's highly likely that a bunch of your targets were at waypoint locations, in which case many of them may have *just* sold their data and had zero at risk when you found them. I'd find 5-10M a more plausible average loss.

Precisely.

Ganking is frontier approved.

Oh, you'd be surprised how incompetent explorer's are. I've wiped entire exploration trip's worth of data.

If you wish to check out how they cope when they die, check out this Discord channel.
https://discord.gg/v9M8Tu7

Top Bottom