New Community Manager - Bruce Garrido

Welcome to Elite Dangerous and good luck!

If you want to earn massive brownie points with the community give us those sweet sweet fleet carrier leaks..... no we don't want to use you for information we genuinely care :)

See you out in the black!

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Welcome to this community Bruce, be prepared to face polemic whiners! (I'm one of them :devilish: )

1st polemic whine from me: will you reply in the forum to players on a constant basis or has your boss already locked your keyboard in the cupboard like for the other CM's? 😈 😇
I'll do my best to be active on as many ED channels as possible, including the forums!

Glhf Bruce! Or as we like to say: "Open Only Powerplay" It's a kind of polite greeting in these parts i'd humbly suggest you add as a header for all correspondence. o7

Seriously though Bruce! Elite has a very very dedicated community who love this game even if some of us do moan from time to time. A lot of us have played since the 80s and 90s, very invested in Elite and its universe we want our game to be the best. I think collectively we all look at the community managers to communicate as much and as often as possible. Sometimes even a "I can't tell you you'll need to wait" is better than weeks or silence. It's a real rollercoaster here highs upon release and lows waiting for news :-D maybe internal policy at Frontier prevents you from speaking often?

I'm sure fleet carriers and 2020 content is going to blow us all away and keep Elite up there as the best space sim. Look forward to watching the live streams. At least coming from Runescape you probably have a good grasp on what to expect from MMO gamers now.

This is cool and good and all, but maybe a CM that knows how to play the game would be better for livestreams than someone who hasnt played before?

This is cool and good and all, but maybe a CM that knows how to play the game would be better for livestreams than someone who hasnt played before?

Isn't it also valid to have a new CM come in and have the learning experience that new players go through? I mean, seriously, the person gets paid to play the game to learn it so as to be effective in their job of relating to the customers - what's not to like about that? At least they come in without existing preferences and peeves about the game, they get to find those as they learn. 🕹

As a matter of interest, some people might like to know Frontier's criteria for CMs:

Responsibilities
• Generate and host original content for our channels (Twitch/YouTube/events) to raise product visibility and awareness
• Planning and scheduling initiatives to drive engagement within the relevant communities
• Positively engage across all channels as a representative of Frontier
• Work closely with internal teams (PR, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Support, and Developers) to better support our gaming communities and communication strategies
• Organise and participate in events and groups to build communities and grow awareness
• Build relationships with players and industry professionals.

About You

Essential
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Collaborative approach
• Pro-active and creative approach to projects and content
• Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
• Ability to accurately report and monitor feedback
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Willing and able to travel to industry events and conventions
• A passion for video games.
• Experience in a similar CM role with emphasis on live streaming and written content creation
• Good understanding of social media channels.

Beneficial
• Experience in the gaming industry
• Knowledge of streaming software (OBS) and hardware.
• Second European language
• Knowledge of Frontier games

(Google it if you need the source,)

Bruce Garrido? A bounty hunters name....

1583348671999.png

You tracking some perps on the boards?

As a matter of interest, some people might like to know Frontier's criteria for CMs:

Responsibilities
• Generate and host original content for our channels (Twitch/YouTube/events) to raise product visibility and awareness
• Planning and scheduling initiatives to drive engagement within the relevant communities
• Positively engage across all channels as a representative of Frontier
• Work closely with internal teams (PR, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Support, and Developers) to better support our gaming communities and communication strategies
• Organise and participate in events and groups to build communities and grow awareness
• Build relationships with players and industry professionals.

About You

Essential
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively both verbally and in writing
• Collaborative approach
• Pro-active and creative approach to projects and content
• Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
• Ability to accurately report and monitor feedback
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Willing and able to travel to industry events and conventions
• A passion for video games.
• Experience in a similar CM role with emphasis on live streaming and written content creation
• Good understanding of social media channels.

Beneficial
• Experience in the gaming industry
• Knowledge of streaming software (OBS) and hardware.
• Second European language
• Knowledge of Frontier games

(Google it if you need the source,)

Yeah wow it's like actually playing the game on live streams is a tiny part of the role. Who'd have thought...

Top Bottom