"New Computer Designs Announced"

I was half asleep, sans coffee and thought I was in the off topic forum. I thought this was a real thing for a minute. lol. Now it's possibly spacelegs related I'm actually more excited.

Expo definitely not happening, there would be announcement at this point. More likely there will be reveal of premium DLCs at one of trade shows during October - or FD might even do special media party for that.

There can be lot of ways it goes, but yeah, too much on noise with FD concept arts of personal holographic interface. For what it will be used and does it imply space legs we don't know, but exciting nevertheless.

We're only 3 weeks past last years announcement date for their first Expo and they know what to do now so I'm not giving up hope until the end of this month.

We're only 3 weeks past last years announcement date for their first Expo and they know what to do now so I'm not giving up hope until the end of this month.

I think it's a no this time o7. I can't cite it for you but I've heard DB - and I think Ed Lewis too - say not intended to be annual/regular but might come with significant milestones. Most likely timed to new game announcement(s), which might end up being regular-ish but more nebulous than calendar.

I think it's a no this time o7. I can't cite it for you but I've heard DB - and I think Ed Lewis too - say not intended to be annual/regular but might come with significant reason. Most likely timed to new game announcement(s), which might end up being regular-ish but more nebulous than calendar.

Yeah, I heard/read that too.......

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
My money's on it's going to be how the new Codex will be accessed...

[Deliberately lowering expectations to counteract the hype train !]

That sounds entirely plausible and linked to a known upcoming feature.

.... it can't be that, can it!?! ;)

Yeah, I heard/read that too.......

Kaocraft's post, does gives me pause .. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...nounced-quot?p=6929960&viewfull=1#post6929960

But either way, I think I'm going with ..

main-qimg-e68ef4d3c9331f2aa18fb942f56b25d1-c
.. too.

But the SRVs (and the SLFs as well) have the same side menues as the ships.
Why would an alternative access method be necessary?

Because most likely when space legs come they will want that information to be accessible via more personal means. And knowing gradual design and development steps FD take to roll out features it would make complete sense.

But overall I agree not to get ahead of ourselves. We will know soon enough :) I don't mind get a bit hyped though.

Because most likely when space legs come they will want that information to be accessible via more personal means. And knowing gradual design and development steps FD take to roll out features it would make complete sense.

That's exacly what I meant.
M00ka was refering to SRVs though, that's why I questioned his conclusion.
For SRVs the technology wouldn't be necessary - for space legs, it would.

But I really venture in dangerous terrain here.
I am strictly opposed to the current and (imo) overboarding space legs speculation/hype in the forum.
And now, I advocate a feature to make only sense with space legs ... it's almost painful. ;)

Edit @ M00ka: sorry, I repent! :x

Top Bottom