New Era CR

In the New Era the first thing you do is travel through a black hole which will incinerate your ship, zero your credits and all your prior rankings. On foot you will need to survive the harshest winter on an ice planet and eventually build a ship to escape. Only the bravest will succeed while fighting off Thargoids in their home world.

"New Era" will simply be a game update. Your CMDR, ships, data and credits will still be there.
It's basically like a Season update - a very large update at that.

Why does my skin get all crawly at the thought of a VLU?
It is in anticipation of all the new bugs this will bring?
Or the week of server instability that follows?
Or the forum vitriol that fills the space between the release and the hotfix?

Or have I just grown older, more cynical, and more distrustful of updates?
Is Microsoft to blame?

You won't need credits as the Bubble burns.
Well, I suppose we'll still have our credits, but when the Thargoids properly invade, crash the galactic economy so credits don't buy you anything and all you can do is sell yourself to Archon Delaine for any sort of protection and sustinance.

Then we look to that one commander who a little over a year previously emptied entire stations of their food stocks and focus the rage of a starving galaxy on them.

Frontier has been so coy about the New Era that all we can say for certain about it is that we're going to have to pay for it and it's not going to be an entirely new game. Beyond that, I wouldn't rule anything out - though if it were just another batch of DLC I don't see why they would take such pains to avoid using those three simple letters.

I must have missed this, is that "new era" thing a Frontier hype term or just something players conjured up ?
Anyway, 100%, without this thread the very question wouldn't even have entered my mind.

I must have missed this, is that "new era" thing a Frontier hype term or just something players conjured up ?
Anyway, 100%, without this thread the very question wouldn't even have entered my mind.

Bit of both. It's not the official name of the next big expansion, but Frontier used that expression to talk about it/describe it.

We (🤭), the community, have started using that term because it's easier than constantly saying "the next big update scheduled for the end of 2020".

Top Bottom