New Forum Revamp Coming Soon!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I wonder if this merge has any chance of being part of a new unannounced sequel/expansion like hopefully Planet Safari?? [cool]

The Planet Coaster forums merge with the Frontier Forums will lead to a single forum board for all things Frontier, which has many advantages. The new forums can be expanded with new games when the need arises. :)

Excited

I am really excited with new stuff that comes out. Frontier and the employees who works very hard with Planet Coaster. thank you so much. I like the rides and extra stuff we get. there are alot of rollercoaster. If we could get more flat rides. example dive ferriswheel. tempest, how about some kiddy rides, like cars/boats. Whatever planet coaster makes its all good and i will always purchase the DLC.
thank you so much

I think Frontier should make a DLC with a theme focused around the new movie Wonder Park. That would be a great fit for a kiddie rides DLC.

I look forward to the change! but at same time I worry about the.. end of life of the game. Because putting it back to a main forum = end of life I have noted in the past with other games. But I hope it is just for the streamlining things and also new games in future will be in same place. hmm?

[haha]

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
I look forward to the change! but at same time I worry about the.. end of life of the game. Because putting it back to a main forum = end of life I have noted in the past with other games. But I hope it is just for the streamlining things and also new games in future will be in same place. hmm?

[haha]

It's just there way of putting the forums for JWE, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster under 1 roof instead of Planet Coaster being on their separate website. Don't worry it's not a sign of anything coming to an end.[happy]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

[haha]

I know nothing about the 'end of life' of Planet Coaster. I do know that Frontier has recently (last month) expressed yet again that they want to continue supporting all of their current franchises. That includes Planet Coaster. (Source)

One of the reasons that the Planet Coaster forums will be merged with the Frontier Forums is that the Planet Coaster forums are not as active any more as they used to be back in 2016 and 2017. Apart from that, one forum board is more efficient and easier to maintain. One streamlined forum board for all things Frontier. :D

I personally expect (but that's my personal view) that new games will indeed be added to the same place.

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Hayo coaster friends!

If someone wants to preserve a thread from a to-be-removed forum, then please let me know by private message before 15 March 2019 so that it can be COPIED to another forum. See the first post of this thread for information about which forums will be removed. As it stands right now, these Community Creations forums will be removed because they aren't being used as much as the other Community Creations forums;
  • Triggered Events
  • Placeholder Scenery
  • Other Creations
  • Community Creations General

Thank you!

Last edited:
I think Frontier should make a DLC with a theme focused around the new movie Wonder Park. That would be a great fit for a kiddie rides DLC.
I wonder if Frontier have book some ad time to promote planet coaster to a wider, perhaps younger audience. This is literally the perfect film to advertise this game against.

Brett C

Frontier
Hayo coaster friends!

If someone wants to preserve a thread from a to-be-removed forum, then please let me know by private message before 15 March 2019 so that it can be moved to another forum. See the first post of this thread for information about which forums will be removed. As it stands right now, these Community Creations forums will be removed because they aren't being used as much as the other Community Creations forums;
  • Triggered Events
  • Placeholder Scenery
  • Other Creations
  • Community Creations General

Thank you!

*Copied to another forum. ;)

The 'Community Creations' board will be categorised under the main Planet Coaster board, with several sub-forums dedicated to Parks and Scenarios, Rides and Shops & Scenery. Existing sub-forums such as Coasters, Flat Rides and Track Rides will be merged with the new Rides sub-forum.

The forums will continue to be a place to share all of your amazing Planet Coaster creations! :)

It is worth noting that I'll be applying prefixes on various threads to forums being merged/moved-about. So it shouldn't be too much of an issue. :)

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier

[haha]

Fear not, this update is the not the harbinger of the apocalypse! We're just moving over to a new system and having everything under one roof works a lot better!

I'm kinda excited :D I hope that we don't loose interesting or beloved Threads :D And thanks for Joel taking on the preservation Effort :) The merging of the Forums might result in curious Elite Dangerous and JWE Players poking their Head inhttps://forums.planetcoaster.com/member.php/377-Joëlfrom time to time :D Also it is much easier for me, since i play all of these Games and getting News is far easier then :)

Frontier™ MegaNerd™: confirmed.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I clicked on the discord link and it tell me the invite is invalid?

Hi Prody07,

I've checked the link, and it is not invalid. You should be able to join the CHC Discord through the invitation link which is posted in the first post of this thread.

Please be aware that a Frontier Community Manager (or moderator) will have to approve you before you can view the chat channels. :)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm not saying that the new forums aren't a positive step... but I'm going to miss this place!

Yeah, so will I.

I have gathered many great memories in the past 3 years, thanks to the Planet Coaster forums, to which I registered in November 2015. I'm going to miss this place as well. It's been an incredible journey with Planet Coaster and look forward to continue that journey on the new forums.

I've already seen the new forums and I personally think it's going to be a nice and welcome improvement, mainly thanks to more modern forum software (xenForo), which in turn will provide several new features.

Much more important than a new forum is, that the game continues to be supported and updated! But I am nevertheless looking forward to use the new forum. ;)

Top Bottom