New Forums Release Date and Downtime

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
EDIT: We’ve made an adjustment to the original forum post regarding the new Bug Reporting system. Our apologies for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused.

Hi Park Managers!

We are excited to announce that we will begin the process of updating the Jurassic World Evolution forums from Monday 25 March, 2019! This update will combine all the Frontier games together into one main forum area with dedicated subforums for each game, help streamline the forums to make them easier to navigate and will also feature a new design and improved functionality! The JWE forums are a treasure trove of information, discussion and creativity which means there's quite a lot of stuff to transfer across to the new system. This means we're looking at a long period of forum downtime whilst we get everything sorted.

We will also soon be launching our brand new Bug Reporting site. This new system will make it easier for you to submit and track your bug reports and help let our QA team know which bugs are most important to you. This system will be up and running soon, and in the meantime the process of reporting bugs will not change; it will be available on the forums until the new system goes live (we will announce this beforehand) and during forum migration none of your already reported bugs will be lost.
Our support website is also available for any urgent issues you may have during this time.

The forums will begin maintenance on Monday 25 March and we anticipate around 3 days of downtime, though this may be subject to change.

In order to reduce the transfer times we will be updating areas of the forum that have low activity or would no longer be necessary on the new site. The following forums will be seeing a change:

Removed Forums
  • InGen Database
  • New Visitor Welcome Center
  • Bug Reporting - Will be read only, existing bugs won't be removed
  • Tech Support

The following forums will be merged into new forum areas, so the content will remain but they will now be found elsewhere.

Merged Forums
  • The Bunker will be merged into the global Off Topic forum

We can't wait to let you loose on the new forums. Once the forums are back online you should be able to login with your regular details and pick up where you left off. As always we will welcome any feedback you might have on the new site once it's live.

We'll see you on the other side!

What's really amazing is that, like in my company, the user is actually not that excited about forum updates unless they provide anything extra (or remove features).
So - hey, have fun with it Frontier, it means more to you than it will to us I expect :)

THREE DAYS - wow. We have 7 hour downtimes but this is the funniest thing I've heard for years.

Last edited:
What's really amazing is that, like in my company, the user is actually not that excited about forum updates unless they provide anything extra (or remove features).
So - hey, have fun with it Frontier, it means more to you than it will to us I expect :)

THREE DAYS - wow. We have 7 hour downtimes but this is the funniest thing I've heard for years.

It's not just a update.
The Frontier forums and Planet coaster forums will be merged together and we also move from vBulletin to Xenforo 2.
It will be more streamlined and user friendly and also a big improvement on mobile devices.

Top Bottom