New Forums Release Date and Downtime

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
EDIT: We’ve made an adjustment to the original forum post regarding the new Bug Reporting system. Our apologies for any misunderstanding or inconvenience caused.

Hayo Coaster Friends!

We are excited to announce that we will begin the process of transferring the Planet Coaster forums over to their new format from Monday 25 March, 2019! This update will combine all the Frontier games together into one main forum area with dedicated subforums for each game, help streamline the forums to make them easier to navigate and will also feature a new design and improved functionality! The Planet Coaster forums are a treasure trove of information, discussion and creativity which means there's quite a lot of stuff to transfer across to the new system. This means we're looking at a long period of forum downtime whilst we get everything sorted.

We will also soon be launching our brand new Bug Reporting site. This new system will make it easier for you to submit and track your bug reports and help let our QA team know which bugs are most important to you. This system will be up and running soon, and in the meantime the process of reporting bugs will not change; it will be available on the forums until the new system goes live (we will announce this beforehand) and during forum migration none of your already reported bugs will be lost.
Our support website is also available for any urgent issues you may have during this time.

The forums will begin maintenance on Monday 25 March and we anticipate around 3 days of downtime, though this may be subject to change.

In order to reduce the transfer times we will be updating areas of the forum that have low activity or would no longer be necessary on the new site. The following forums will be seeing a change:

Removed Forums
  • Coaster Head Club
  • Tech Support
  • Bug Reports - Will be read only, existing bugs won't be removed
  • Toolkit Requests
  • Events and Competitions
  • Triggered Events
  • Placeholder Scenery
  • Other Creations
  • Community Creations General
  • Community Exposition
  • Introductions
The following forums will be merged into new forum areas, so the content will remain but they will now be found elsewhere. Our new forums feature prefixes that will allow you to find the content you are after more easily in busier areas.

Merged Forums
  • 'International Discussions' merged with global International section
  • 'Work in progress items' merged into new 'Your Creations' forum
  • 'Completed items' merged into new 'Your Creations' forum
  • 'Coasters', 'Flat rides' and 'track rides' now merged into new 'Rides' forum with prefixes used to identify specific ride types
  • 'Parks and Saved games' and 'Scenarios' now merged into new 'Parks and Scenarios' forum
  • 'Off Topic Discussions' and 'Real world parks and rides' merged to global off topic area.

We can't wait to show you the new forums. Once the forums are back online you should be able to login with your regular details and pick up where you left off. As always we will welcome any feedback you might have on the new site once it's live.

We'll see you on the other side!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's cool but why don't you make it easier and just delete everything thats 2018 and older the only thing we need on the new forum would be 2019 stuff like updates/DLC, News, live stream, bug report for right now

Last edited:
I check this forum out every morning to see what's new. I'm looking forward to seeing the new format.

Thanks Paul and all involved for continually looking after us all. :)

That's cool but why don't you make it easier and just delete everything thats 2018 and older the only thing we need on the new forum would be 2019 stuff like updates/DLC, News, live stream, bug report for right now

That wouldn't work very well as some creations etc from 2018 may be what people are looking for (and there may be some outstanding bug reports as well).

Shane

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the update!

I look forward to see you all on the other side.

Joël

:rex::face:

Bug Reports - Will be read only, existing bugs won't be removed

So when a bug report is made no one else can comment that they are also experiencing the same bug now? I assume instead we each have to post a separate report? Seems like a lost opportunity for feedback, especially when I know that many people first look to see if the bug was previously reported, and if it was they either comment that they too have it, or they just figure the bug is reported and that's all that's needed. Also removes the ability for others to share fixes and work-arounds they know of for that or similar bugs...

EDIT: Okay, I overlooked this:
We will also soon be launching our brand new Bug Reporting site. This new system will make it easier for you to submit and track your bug reports and help let our QA team know which bugs are most important to you.

But I hope that the new system still allows comments and sharing of help from other members as well...

Last edited:

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
does this mean no more future bug patch/fixes?

No, it does not.

[...]

We will also soon be launching our brand new Bug Reporting site. This new system will make it easier for you to submit and track your bug reports and help let our QA team know which bugs are most important to you. This system will be up and running soon, and in the meantime the process of reporting bugs will not change; it will be available on the forums until the new system goes live (we will announce this beforehand) and during forum migration none of your already reported bugs will be lost.
Our support website is also available for any urgent issues you may have during this time.

[...]

Frontier wouldn't launch a new Bug Reporting site if they didn't plan to release future bug patch/fixes. ;)

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
So when a bug report is made no one else can comment that they are also experiencing the same bug now? I assume instead we each have to post a separate report? Seems like a lost opportunity for feedback, especially when I know that many people first look to see if the bug was previously reported, and if it was they either comment that they too have it, or they just figure the bug is reported and that's all that's needed. Also removes the ability for others to share fixes and work-arounds they know of for that or similar bugs...

EDIT: Okay, I overlooked this:

But I hope that the new system still allows comments and sharing of help from other members as well...

Regarding having to submit a separate report for each person having the same problem. The answer is Yes. The problem that I've been seeing is many people respond to the OP's thread, which is great and helpful but several people will respond "SayingI have the same issue can you help me? "Frontier can only help the Original Poster. If anyone is having the same issue you would need to open your own bug report. I have a feeling it will be very efficient for Frontier Folks.

If anyone is having the same issue you would need to open your own bug report. I have a feeling it will be very efficient for Frontier Folks.

I'm sure it would be, but playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, if it's one of those bugs that affect a lot of people (thankfully rare...), and they get a whole string of bug reports from each individual, are they in fact going to respond to each report, and if they or another player have an fix or work-around, will those be posted to each and every bug report? Because if we have a whole series of individual reports, most of us are highly unlikely to go through each and every one of them for any feedback or information, we'll probably just check our own report only.

My concern is that while that might be efficient for Frontier, it's possibly going to leave more people hanging unless every report has feedback. Perhaps the new system will offer that, so that people know their issue is being looked into?

theres also the fact.. as I have said before.. if you post a bug report thats the same as another.. they just merge those anyway. So I don't understand why all of the sudden its make a new report. when this hasn't been the case for two years. I feel this new system they are implementing leaves no room for discussion from users... and its up being a "Sorry we don't see this as an issue" or.. "it's your computer" or "working as intended" and leaving it at that.. I had to argue for a year and a half to get them to look at the autosaving issue before they finally admitted its a bug..

I'm sure it would be, but playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, if it's one of those bugs that affect a lot of people (thankfully rare...), and they get a whole string of bug reports from each individual, are they in fact going to respond to each report, and if they or another player have an fix or work-around, will those be posted to each and every bug report? Because if we have a whole series of individual reports, most of us are highly unlikely to go through each and every one of them for any feedback or information, we'll probably just check our own report only.

My concern is that while that might be efficient for Frontier, it's possibly going to leave more people hanging unless every report has feedback. Perhaps the new system will offer that, so that people know their issue is being looked into?

This was stated in an other thread. I think it's quite efficient:

In terms of Bug Reporting and Support systems, we will be launching a new, dedicated bug tracking website in order for us to make that process easier, better, and more manageable! You will be able to log issues as you're used to, and the community will be able to vote on your issue which will consider it confirmed - this means we can put more focus into examining the highest ranked issues.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Could not you run the forum as a simulation for two days? This helps with withdrawal symptoms. [wacky]

I'm going to suffer from withdrawal symptoms as well...

3 days without forums. I don't know how to survive that [ugh]

Brett C

Frontier

No need for us to do that. Best to preserve the majority of content rather starting with a clean slate (it only takes a couple hours to merge the PC forums to the Frontier forums). :)

Brett C

Frontier
does this mean no more future bug patch/fixes?

No, it simply denotes the current system to report bugs/issues is simply not ideal for bug reporting. The new system streamlines bug reporting externally and internally.

We're moving the bug reporting system for Elite and JWE to the new system as well. :)

Top Bottom