New FSS Feedback thread - Good and Bad

I think it's bug with the geo/bio location. They seem to be generating them for the whole system on system entry instead of when you get close to a planet or look at it in the FSS.

It's hopefully an easy fix as the fix for PC is coming tomorrow.

Wow, is it mentioned in the patch notes?

That's my question. Has there been any info on how it's supposed to work? Is the current function intended? Or is it a "bug," and tomorrow we'll be back to scanning individual bodies for the info, as I believe was intended according to the patch notes?

That's my question. Has there been any info on how it's supposed to work? Is the current function intended? Or is it a "bug," and tomorrow we'll be back to scanning individual bodies for the info, as I believe was intended according to the patch notes?
I don't think it's intended as we are still meant to get the unlikely, likely and very likely at the initial FSS scan of a planet but we are not. We are getting the POI numbers instantly. Expect that to change.

I don't think it's intended as we are still meant to get the unlikely, likely and very likely at the initial FSS scan of a planet but we are not. We are getting the POI numbers instantly. Expect that to change.
Yep, my guess is that the pre-computation for all landable bodies we're currently seeing is unintended, and the fix Paige announced is going to be to revert that to actually match the behavior advertised in the patch notes.

Just to be clear, on xbox 1 x, the stutter is not bound to POI but to landable planets.
Fix next week, sometime.
Oh well, not a gamebreaker for me as Elite has always been a game of patience.

Looks the same for me. No stutter, still have to use FSS for exploration. This would have been tested way outside of the bubble. I mean, my interest in the FSS would be, to be able to play without using the FSS.

I do wonder though... as far as I remember I've seen some Bodies w/ Geologicals already being fully resolved in previous Version(s) already, for as long as someone else tagged them before.
(well outside the 25-30Ls auto-scan Range)

So technically the auto-resolve for some Bodies with Geologicals in tagged Systems wouldn't be a new thing to me.
At least that's how I remember it. I can't recall the temporary unstable FPS upon System entry though, that's definitely a new thing.

Yes I did see that as well, it's an interesting thing, why some previously discovered systems and not others?

The stutter from this patch is a worse version of a problem I have had sometimes for a long time in VR and pancake mode. Hopefully the patch tomorrow will fix both.

Not to minimize anyone else's stutter, but I'm experiencing such a minor stutter that it's negligible. Playing on an MSI laptop at 1080.

Like thrusters - totally optional.
Yup, you nailed it.
Like playing the game. Like choosing to explore a certain way. Like choosing to come to the forums t hoping we all start playing violin in response to your tear jerking complaints. Idk if youve realized but youve targeted every one of my posts specifically,but if you scroll through this thread, who has the likes? At this point your beating a dead horse for the sake of argument, and thats animal abuse 😉

Ignored

Last edited:
Like playing the game. Like choosing to explore a certain way. Like choosing to come to the forums t hoping we all start playing violin in response to your tear jerking complaints. Idk if youve realized but youve targeted every one of my posts specifically,but if you scroll through this thread, who has the likes? At this point your beating a dead horse for the sake of argument, and thats animal abuse 😉

Ignored

You quote me, asking me a question, I respond, and then you claim that I’m targeting you!?
Likes aren’t a measure of anything useful, but it seems like you have trouble counting.

You might not see this but hey ho. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom