New game improvement suggestions

ALGOMATIC

Banned
I am suggesting a new system for ED, I am pretty sure many (if not all ) would agree.

1. No more modes: 1 mode - Open Only, console plebs and poor internet connection folks will move to CQC.

2. Docking computer and turret weapons are removed form the game. If you cant dock you dont deserve a PF licence. If you cant aim at least with gimbals, you dont deserve to be a fighting pilot.

3. No more NPCs, the role of NPCs will be fulfilled by the PVE players. They like to go from A - B - A repetitively, high wake/explore, circle the station for no reason, having trouble docking while getting stuck in the mail slot, their skills match the NPCs.

4. Bounty hunting res sites and conflict zones will be full of PVE players and they will be farmed by the PVPiers like we do today.

5. Assassination missions will randomly choose one PVE player and put their name as a mission target, if they get killed you complete the mission and receive all their assets, they will be back in a sidewinder.

6. Combat logging will automatically result in you going back to sidewinder, even if you get disconnected by poor ISP, take it up with them.

7. Block functionality is removed from the game.

8. PVE players heatmap will be added to the game.

I think we can all see how this suggestion will balance the game and everyone can fulfill their role in the ED universe.

o7 commanders!

Last edited:
I have analysed the opening post, cross referenced it with the poster's history and I have developed a theory. No proof, so it's just an hypothesis.

The hypothesis is: I suspect the OP is, as scientist call it, avin a larf.

More research is needed.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I think that there might be an issue with 3) - as, unless there was some way to force players to play the game at all, there'd likely be few willing volunteers to fulfil that roll.

I expect that it would also cause some players to test how many players they could have on their block-list.

I have analysed the opening post, cross referenced it with the poster's history and I have developed a theory. No proof, so it's just an hypothesis.

The hypothesis is: I suspect the OP is, as scientist call it, avin a larf.

More research is needed.

OP has a terrific sense of humor. I enjoy their posts... :D

I think we need to get rid of wings as well. If you're too chickin to face your enemy alone, go play farming simulator. This of course means canceling Squadrons and megaships. Also known as make-the-game-more-easy-for-me-please ships.

ALGOMATIC

Banned
I think that there might be an issue with 3) - as, unless there was some way to force players to play the game at all, there'd likely be few willing volunteers to fulfil that roll.

I expect that it would also cause some players to test how many players they could have on their block-list.

Oh you are right, the blocking function has to go, we cant have this with those new improvements.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Oh you are right, the blocking function has to go, we cant have this with those new improvements.

Maybe so.

To ensure that it would be a true test of skill then all but one of the available ships would need to be removed from sale, leaving the Cobra MkIII and both Engineers and PowerPlay equipment would need to be removed.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No.

Diversity exists, so should the modes.

Cheers, Phos.

This one's for you
kokXSgH.gif

I am suggest a new system for ED, I am pretty sure many (if not all ) would agree.

1. No more modes: 1 mode - Open Only, console plebs and poor internet connection folks will move to CQC.

2. Docking computer and turret weapons are removed form the game. If you cant dock you dont deserve a PF licence. If you cant aim at least with gimbals, you dont deserve to be a fighting pilot.

3. No more NPCs, the role of NPCs will be fulfilled by the PVE players. They like to go from A - B - A repetitively, high wake/explore, circle the station for no reason, having trouble docking while getting stuck in the mail slot, their skills match the NPCs.

4. Bounty hunting res sites and conflict zones will be full of PVE players and they will be farmed by the PVPiers like we do today.

5. Assassination missions will randomly choose one PVE player and put their name as a mission target, if they get killed you complete the mission and receive all their assets, they will be back in a sidewinder.

6. Combat logging will automatically result in you going back to sidewinder, even if you get disconnected by poor ISP, take it up with them.

I think we can all see how this suggestion will balance the game and everyone can fulfill their role in the ED universe.

o7 commanders!

1. CQC is combat focused only, ED is a sandbox with more than that so it's a terrible idea.

2. Falacious argument right there. People most often use DCs because they don't want to bother docking, it honestly can be boring in large ships, same goes for turrets.

3. Good luck selling such a game, it'd be really empty. It took me a whole week to meet someone when I began.

4. Same issue as before, PvPer would get off as well or where will the materials coem from?

5. LOL, I wish you get a mission to get me, probably won't manage to get 1000 ly from me since I'm down in the rim.

6. Who cares? Menu log exists.

Add it to the OP?

laughter.gif

Priceless.

Top Bottom