New Gforce drivers support Elite Odyssey!

Just downloaded and installed, no results yet. If and what exactly these drivers will improve is yet to be seen. Only for RTX card owners I guess.
It's the first time I see Elite mentioned at all with an Nvidia driver update. Checking out now...
It only got a profile for GeForce Experience, the profiles are usually trash anyway.
Another issue with current GFE is that it sometimes automatically enabled DSR globally and sets it to 2x, that even with GFE's automatic game optimization disabled.
Seen that happen 3 times so far, so ended up using DDU and doing a stripped down clean driver install to cut the crap.

Streamed some performance tests of the driver on W11 with GFE last night, details in the description, will do another for W10.
After I was done with the streaming I again noticed that DSR was on 2x, hence why I flushed GFE and the rest today.
Source: https://youtu.be/iaiZpHWWS1U

Last edited:
I was getting really bad FPS with this driver in settlements. 15-40 FPS at times and a bad stutter. I have now rolled back to 471.11 and the FPS is back to 70-100 again.

Running Windows 11, RTX3080, i9 9900k @ 2560x1440

I did not see any FDS improvement but I did notice a reduced GPU drag.

I haven't compared the temperatures, but the GPU was already quite relaxed before. The temperature rarely goes above 60°C (a GTX 3070 can go much farther without melting) and my new PC is already fairly quiet, both of which means a lot to me. I'm not an overclocker and have no desire to push my hardware to the limits.

That would require that Frontier would implement Directx 12, so DLSS will probably never happen in Elite...
Besides, implementing DLSS would just mean they could be even more lazy with optimizing the game code. Not that I think DLSS would actually help considering the issues with the game don't seem to be JUST with GPU rendering.

I think it's DLSS that we really need from NVIDIA, no?

No, we need frontier to sort things out so that we don't need to require to downscaling and upscaling shenanigan to properly run the game.
EDO is still DX11 by the way, so it would not work with any implementation of DLSS.

geeforce expirience is bloatware.
Im sick of people saying "my fps is fine" while they dont engage in new settlements,the whole focus of odyssey.
The ONLY thing GeForce Experiance is good for is checking for updates, as you say the rest is not needed (and you can manually check for updates anyway). Just wondering if any new 'optimizations' have been applied in the last week as I was achieving decent framerate on settlements but today it's stutter, stutter, freeze (not that good while killing scavengers) and unless the gremlins have been altering my setup while shutdown the only change can be server side. Every time a new optimization is loaded the on foot fps becomes erratic.

No, we need frontier to sort things out so that we don't need to require to downscaling and upscaling shenanigan to properly run the game.
EDO is still DX11 by the way, so it would not work with any implementation of DLSS.
Veering off the topic but I think in this instance having the option would be better than not. I do agree that it shouldn't be a crutch to bolster unoptimized code, though hasn't unoptimized code been the way since PC gaming took off? lol

Why couldn't Frontier implement Directx 12? Have they been asked about it or put out a statement?
Actually implementation of DX12, in the meaning of taking advantage from them, as far as i know (which is very little) requires some serious rewrite/reengineering, so it's not going to happen.
I don't know if a dirty porting (as in NOT taking advantage from their features) would allow the use of DLSS.
Still, as others said, it's better they optimize their pathways rather than rely on an upscaling shortcut

Please don't ever rely on GFE to optimise.
The word optimise should never be used in conjunction with GFE and they should remove the wording off the application.
They should either remove the whole "game optimization" page or change it so that every single setting can be set and saved and exported/imported by the end user besides showing which games that support MFAA etc.
Bit more like a less confusing Nvidia Inspector.

............................ Or in other words: Geforce Experience is the same useless crap as before................
^THIS!
GeForce Experience is one experience you do NOT want slowing your PC down...it stinks .... and always has done.... an intrusive, pretty useless piece of :poop:

^THIS!
GeForce Experience is one experience you do NOT want slowing your PC down...it stinks .... and always has done.... an intrusive, pretty useless piece of :poop:
GFE includes one good thing though, shadow play's streaming options which works quite well with Youtube and Twitch and even without the large performance penalty that other options add.

While I agree on that it includes a lot of bloat and telemetry, if GFE slows a PC down that PC has other problems.

Top Bottom