New "Head-Lock" feature in the Galaxy Map is one of the worst, most annoying things..

I tried Gamma 2.00 - 2.02, and I noticed that the galaxy map now allows me to select stars simply by looking at them. The problem with this is that my selection doesn't get locked, and when I rotate my head to the left to read the information window - my head's rotational trajectory traces a path through every single star between my intended star to the info window. And as my eyesight traces through these stars, they get selected like "pop, pop, pop, pop" - and when I've reached the information window, I've lost the lock on my intended target star, and can no longer read the info box. The only way then is to resort to use the popover menu and select System View (if I don't select another star while doing so).

It generally feels a lot more flimsy now.

edit: As my 9 year old modified HOTAS Cougar got one of the gimbal's springs break off last week, I have been playing the Gamma 2 with mouse and keyboard and DK2.
I'm selecting stars with my mouse, and as I move my head to the left window, all other stars in my gaze's path gets selected also.

Last edited:
Whilst it's still not perfect, I didn't encounter your specific issue and I used the galaxy map a lot since gamma 2 (or has it only occured since 2.02)?

Any chance of uploading a video depicting it?

Last edited:
To clarify, before I head to sleep: I

As my 9 year old modified HOTAS Cougar got one of the gimbal's springs break off, I have been playing the Gamma 2 with mouse and keyboard and DK2.
I'm selecting stars with my mouse, and as I move my head to the left window, all other stars in my gaze's path gets selected also.

I can't use the Mouse at all in Galaxy Mode I need to look at stuff and then point the mouse in the same place.. otherwise I can't even select stars... it takes me several minutes sometimes to select the right star or system.

That clarified it somewhat. I've been using the mouse in the galaxy map since gamma 2, but it seems you try to directly click on stars instead of moving the selector ín zero level. Apologies if I misunderstood you once more.

Last edited:
That clarified it somewhat. I've been using the mouse in the galaxy map since gamma 2, but it seems you try to directly click on stars instead of moving the selector ín zero level. Apologies if I misunderstood you once more.

I've tried just moving the selector with the keyboard (as I did with my HOTAS previously using my analogue throttle thumb stick) - but I still require the mouse to click on the popover window on the star, and to click on the various tabs in the information window.

Top Bottom