New heat map types

It would help a lot to get some new type of heat maps. My favourite would be a habitat map, which shows the hiding places, where animals can became less stressed. The game calculates these spots for sure, it would be a huge help, if we could see it too.

It would be also great to be able to reach the work zones edition from the heat map too. It is so deep in the menu, and it is needed so often.

I really like the hiding places heat map, we have the shelter heatmap, but I think another version showing where lines of sight are broken would be excellent (this seems to be the biggest contributor to stress relieving spots that I can tell). Would be nice to see how well the screening plants you place down work. This heat map would also work well for identifying areas where guests can get good views of the animal, helps with placing enrichment items

Guest view or site lines could be a good way to have a map for hiding places for animals and a way to fix “the view from here is ok I guess”. I’d love to know what my guests actually see and enjoy, or hate.

I also really like the idea of the keeper traversability map, or at least something to highlight items as green for accessible and red for inaccessible.

You are totally right, hiding places and guest view would work together well. I wonder if there is any other option to create places which are equally good in both then one sided glass. And also could we maybe get one sided roof? So guests van walk above the Animals without bothering them.

Would the Player assign Colors to the Work Zones?
Possibly they could assign colors, but I don't think it would be required for a basic version. Each Zone created could have its own color (1st zone pink, 2nd zone yellow, 3rd zone teal, etc etc). Cycling through 12 tertiary colors would be enough (I assume) for most zoos: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tertiary_color

For me the benefit would allow me to quickly see unassigned buildings, see zone overlaps, or incorrectly assigned buildings. Multiple assignments could have striped pattern of both/all colors assigned.

Also, it would be great if the assigned buildings were painted with a small radius around them (like the security camera heat map) so that it would blend together with close buildings and show a 'fuzzy' map like the Temperature overlay.

I got a little ambitious and made a mockup of what I would like to see for a Work Zone heat map. 🤪

It's not a great drawing but I am attempting to show two specific decorations: a colored circle around each building in a Work Zone, and a lightly shaded 'connection' between each building within the same Zone.

Notice on the purple Zone buildings there is a larger circle around each Shop and each ATM (bottom center). That would be the primary shading to let me know that the building is in a Work Zone different from the green or orange buildings. The colors purple, green, and orange don't have any meaning themselves, they are simply different colors from one another.

Between each purple building, there is a lighter shaded connection line to and from each purple building. There are gaps in the shading because I would not expect it to be an actual "area" to be shaded; I would expect just the building itself and then lines between each building.

facilities_workzone.png

Doing this helps me procrastinate doing the laundry

I got a little ambitious and made a mockup of what I would like to see for a Work Zone heat map. 🤪

It's not a great drawing but I am attempting to show two specific decorations: a colored circle around each building in a Work Zone, and a lightly shaded 'connection' between each building within the same Zone.

Notice on the purple Zone buildings there is a larger circle around each Shop and each ATM (bottom center). That would be the primary shading to let me know that the building is in a Work Zone different from the green or orange buildings. The colors purple, green, and orange don't have any meaning themselves, they are simply different colors from one another.

Between each purple building, there is a lighter shaded connection line to and from each purple building. There are gaps in the shading because I would not expect it to be an actual "area" to be shaded; I would expect just the building itself and then lines between each building.

View attachment 184159

Doing this helps me procrastinate doing the laundry
Looks good. I think this could be really useful when I'm planning Work Zones for the Caretakers

I love the hiding spot map, and the Work zone map like suggested above would indeed be way more useful !

Plus the idea of the lighter color to show the whole surface could be adapted for colorblind people, with a border all around the surface that belong to the same workzone to help them see what belongs to the same workzone ! I read a post some times ago from a colorblind guy that just couldn't use the workzone tools without asking for help because he couldn't see it the buildings was selected etc..

Top Bottom