Community Event / Creation New Horizons & Distant Suns (an explorers journey)

So, what's the current high-score for distance to Sol? 65279?

I think someone recently got a little further in a 40+ LY Anaconda. The next reachable star from where I ended my journey was just over 40LYs away, so was impossible to reach in an Asp. A maxed out Anaconda rigged for exploration could just about reach the next star, which I think someone did (or at least I recall seeing them post a screenshot of it a while back).

I think someone recently got a little further in a 40+ LY Anaconda. The next reachable star from where I ended my journey was just over 40LYs away, so was impossible to reach in an Asp. A maxed out Anaconda rigged for exploration could just about reach the next star, which I think someone did (or at least I recall seeing them post a screenshot of it a while back).

Care to hazard a guess on how many stars that are not reachable with currently available craft?
Do you keep a record of any stars that are unreachable?

Care to hazard a guess on how many stars that are not reachable with currently available craft?
Do you keep a record of any stars that are unreachable?

I haven't kept a record of the ones I couldn't reach. On the galactic rim there were hardly any further out from the one I got to. The starfield was pitch black, just the odd source of light here and there, and the map showed only a handful beyond the distance I reached. The star density gets thinner and thinner and wider apart until it exceeds even an Anaconda's range.

I know this could be considered necro-posting...
but this thread is one of the big ones that inspired me to get the game and go out exploring. It's almost surreal now, 6 months later to be in my Anaconda already and performing shakedown cruises getting ready to head out.

this was awesome and something I kept remembering when the "grind got real" getting my Annie.

Top Bottom