Community Event / Creation New Horizons & Distant Suns (an explorers journey)

Route taken in Part 3 . . .

a2aflv.jpg

Route taken in Parts 4 & 5 . . .

rhk7pv.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I really, REALLY love these series. You are making art here and here I am, I should sleep because I have work tomorrow but this is so beautiful. Makes me scream for warm summer nights so I can lay down in the grass and gaze out to the stars. Really hope to see more when the game progresses and adds more cool features :)

Cheers Pantsu! The views I'm seeing are fantastic and a credit to Frontier, its a pity they're so distant as not a lot of players will have the time to travel these kinds of distance and see them first hand. At the same time I don't want to give too much away so I've been showing short glimpses of what its really like. I'm glad you're enjoying them. If my ship holds out I will hopefully have some more vids ready after Christmas! :)

Cheers Pantsu! The views I'm seeing are fantastic and a credit to Frontier, its a pity they're so distant as not a lot of players will have the time to travel these kinds of distance and see them first hand. At the same time I don't want to give too much away so I've been showing short glimpses of what its really like. I'm glad you're enjoying them. If my ship holds out I will hopefully have some more vids ready after Christmas! :)

Haha, yeah it's probably the short glimpses that catches your eyes. It leaves you in wonder. Excellent editing really. Made me take my poor little Cobra with only 11ly jump cap and head out xD I'm currently heading to the closest nebulae from Sol, it's about 350ly away, so that will be my start :p
Hope to see more! Merry Christmas!

Your hull is down to 61% - you need to dock and repair man! We want you back alive, with all the star data intact.

Really nice mate. I'm heading out to the Coal Sack NOW. I'm kitted out in an Asp with an Intermediate Scanner + Detailed Surface Scanner. My range is 22. something ly's . I'm not ditching my 4 Multicannons and 2 lasers for no-one lol. See you on the fringe :)

Had a few technical issues at the galactic core with unstable systems... I hope to continue this adventure once Frontier have resolved them :)

Last edited:
Wow. That was amazing. How does the light bending work in Elite? It's very different to the fish eye effect in Space Engine for say.

I'm not sure how it compares to Space Engine as I haven't seen it on there yet. In Elite it looks pretty good, just like a lense effect, although the background stars don't seem to suffer any chromatic aberration or any colour distortion for that matter. I thought they would have considering their light is being bent all over the place due to the intense gravity ?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Forgot to mention, I've re-uploaded the New Horizons videos, they're all in HD 1080p now :)

I hadn't heard of you until today CMDR Kamzel, but now I have and I must say, stellar stuff. I cannot wait to be as far out exploring as the likes of you and the others who have embraced the wonderlust of E: D

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Congrats Erimus!

After all your troubles over Christmas this is well deserved, hope you dont stop exploring now! :D Since I am engrossed now with trading and combat I cant find a better way to enjoy the galaxy than with your great vids!

Last edited:
I hadn't heard of you until today CMDR Kamzel, but now I have and I must say, stellar stuff. I cannot wait to be as far out exploring as the likes of you and the others who have embraced the wonderlust of E: D

Congrats Erimus!

After all your troubles over Christmas this is well deserved, hope you dont stop exploring now! :D Since I am engrossed now with trading and combat I cant find a better way to enjoy the galaxy than with your great vids!

Cheers! I've managed to cross the galactic core now and am just about to emerge out of the far side core region, ready to begin the long haul out to the Scutum–Centaurus spiral arm. So hopefully most of the unstable systems are behind me!

Top Bottom