New hybrid weapons

Noticed that new hybrid weapons are for sale anyone tried them yet how do they compare to guardian weapons ..going off recent events I think the thargoids may concentrate there attacks on engineers with the result of more hybrid tech being available for sale plus brings in players or new players who have avoided the guardian grind to be more pro active in this plot twist

How would thargoids trying to obliterate engineers allow said engineers to create hybrid weapons with thargoids technology?
I agree it would be cool to have thargoid-inspired weapons, but a decent story in Galnet is the least that is required to implement this kind of stuff.

Unless you meant that the engineers develop new tech to combat the thargoids. In which case, here's hoping!

Also, what do you mean by new hybrid weapons being available?

No I was at Jameson last night kitting a exploration conda . And there was hybrid weapons and xenon scanners as well for scanning thargoid ships for sale that were multi purpose saying they was as good against thargoids and human ships alike only viewed the multi cannons but I hadn't seen them before or maybe they have always been available but I hadn't come across them before .but I assumed wrongly maybe they are new weapons .

Last edited:
Are you just talking about AX weapons? If they're for sale at jameson, they won't be hybrid (unless you've unlocked some hybrid stuff of course). But the AX weapons are totally human. If you haven't seen them before now, its probably because they are usually only sold at planetary ports. If it said good for humans and thargoids, it would have been the advanced multi-cannon. It was developed as part of the bridging the gap interstellar initiative and can use both normal and AX ammo types.

The last interstellar initiative ended with them releasing the advanced multicannon. You can synthesize AX ammo or use normal ammo against human targets with it. Is that what you're talking about or something else?

Yes it was the advanced multi cannon never seen them before .
Its not made by the independant engineers research, it was made by a mega corp after the II story event went and got them a mega tons of guardian items in May this year...
The mega corp released the fixed non gimbled weapon on May the 30th...
You should also got a few news letter emails about it and many galnet posts on the galnet new web page...

Yes it was the advanced multi cannon never seen them before .

It's brand new so dont feel too bad about it.
Pros:
It can be used against both thargoid and human ships
The 4 experimental weapon limit does not apply to it

Cons:
It's fixed only
The AX ammo is ONLY created through synthesizing guardian materials and cannot be stocked from station outfitting
Each synthesis only restocks half its ammo capacity.

DDastardly00

D
I briefly got excited about the new tech, then decided to stick with my AX multi-cannons after reading about the ammo synthesis requirements, I would rather have convenience of restocking at a station/rescue ship/base. Thanks but no thanks, I'll pass.

Top Bottom