ANNOUNCEMENT New Lead Community Manager - Arthur Tolmie

I'd like to agree, but it seems to be the usual type post, warm fuzzy feelings about how great we are and promises of jam to come (possibly jam pudding).

It may happen, in fact I'm sure it will as Frontier have a DLC to sell 'soonish', but it doesn't change the fact that CMs are employed by Frontier, not by the community.
I know what you mean, but as I've discussed in other threads, the CM's have obligations to engage with the community in their job description, which historically haven't been honoured.

Arthur is new to the company, but he's singlehandedly said more yesterday, than the other 3 elite CM's have in a month - combined, granted he's not found the jump drive binding to jump out of his own arrival thread :p but I'd still say we should give him a chance to find his feet and start to deliver on his promises while watching this unfold through a veil of mildly optimistic cautiousness.

Welcome @Arthur Tolmie (Arf), and excellent start!

If/when you get occasional time to read posts, keep in mind that positive threads sink fast and many negative threads have good intentions.

What I'm hoping you'll have your team do with ... spare time ... is read and maybe even organize the suggestions sections. It would be so cool to have suggestions collated and voted on (new forum feature? not sure) like bugs are on the other site. Being a designer/developer, I know that very few feature suggestions become features, but many suggestions are (perceived to be) never seen without a bit of organization. They could be a better source of design inspiration if organized.

Last edited:
Hi Arthur, I'm a bit out of touch with community team interaction* as I've been concentrating on playing the game!
Will/Have you be/been doing any 'live' streams when we can 'get to know you' as it were?

TTFN o7

Edit *...and the community team 'interaction' in the forum, has been a little more than nowt in recent times ... until you arrived that is!

Last edited:

Arthur Tolmie

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi Arthur, I'm a bit out of touch with community team interaction* as I've been concentrating on playing the game!
Will/Have you be/been doing any 'live' streams when we can 'get to know you' as it were?

TTFN o7

Edit *...and the community team 'interaction' in the forum, has been a little more than nowt in recent times ... until you arrived that is!
Hey - thanks for reaching out, I was on a welcome stream 2 weeks ago but pleased to say I will be on stream tomorrow with Stephen!

-Arf

TTFN o7

Hey - thanks for reaching out, I was on a welcome stream 2 weeks ago but pleased to say I will be on stream tomorrow with Stephen!

-Arf
The stream VoD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/661244055

Just curious....did they tell you where Raxalla is after joining?
He probably found it in game and this job is the bribe/punishment for that. Obviously like Springfield it will have moved again since then.

Raxxla the only dirigible planet in the game.

Birds tinned custard? Crème anglaise is fine but you can't beat the real deal.

Plus I asked this to other new CMs, but, what snack food describes Elite Odyssey (if you have seen it), and why?
I hope you're not blaming the Brits for that (anglaise?) many (including me) prefer Birds Custard to be home made extra thick (20-30% more powder) not this watery restaurant served stuff, and that processed junk in tins is for folk that use 'Smash'

😡 Nobody said getting old was mellowing

I hope you're not blaming the Brits for that (anglaise?) many (including me) prefer Birds Custard to be home made extra thick (20-30% more powder) not this watery restaurant served stuff, and that processed junk in tins is for folk that use 'Smash'

😡 Nobody said getting old was mellowing

Home made custard has its place, but for the real experience its got to be tinned. When I return to the UK I love seeing what Unilever, Heinz and the supermarkets have crushed into cargo containers :D Thin anglaise is skimping on the egg yolks though

And don't swipe Smash either- its useful :D

Home made custard has its place, but for the real experience its got to be tinned. When I return to the UK I love seeing what Unilever, Heinz and the supermarkets have crushed into cargo containers :D Thin anglaise is skimping on the egg yolks though

And don't swipe Smash either- its useful :D

Meh, processed shmocessed!

-Arf
Thanks for the speedy comeback Arthur, I was unaware of your first stream with Stephen B but have just watched it on catchup. Most enjoyable, but I do have to raise you a Dark Chocolate Hob-N*b (sorry profanity filter doesn't agree with my biscuit choice) to your McVities Dark Chocolate Digestive... re: the 'Biscuit Review' If I remember it was first started way back by Sandro Sammarco (Lead Designer) and Ed, I think even David Braben has taken part..... so it's got a good longstanding pedigree! o7

P.S. Hope you got your IT equipment spaghetti tangle sorted before it all caught fire!

P.P.S. Talking of Sandro Sammarco; it would be great if you could persuade him to briefly pop in to one of the streams for old times sake...he and the Space Loach are greatly missed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the speedy comeback Arthur, I was unaware of your first stream with Stephen B but have just watched it on catchup. Most enjoyable, but I do have to raise you a Dark Chocolate Hob-N*b (sorry profanity filter doesn't agree with my biscuit choice) to your McVities Dark Chocolate Digestive... re: the 'Biscuit Review' If I remember it was first started way back by Sandro Sammarco (Lead Designer) and Ed, I think even David Braben has taken part..... so it's got a good longstanding pedigree! o7

P.S. Hope you got your IT equipment spaghetti tangle sorted before it all caught fire!

P.P.S. Talking of Sandro Sammarco; it would be great if you could persuade him to briefly pop in to one of the streams for old times sake...he and the Space Loach are greatly missed.
My god man, philistines everywhere! Tunnocks caramel wafer. Beats everything. 2 methods, you can dunk or, and this is street cafe level, keep it in the wrapper and lay it across the steaming (tea for me) coffee mug for 5 minutes. Beats Belgium waffles hands down. It is as close to Nirvana as a commander can get. or finding Raxxla. Ok finding Raxxla but only just...

Top Bottom