ANNOUNCEMENT New Lead Community Manager - Arthur Tolmie

Congratulations on the job! Right on, cmdr.

Look forward to seeing and hearing more from you!

(Not going to say 'welcome' because evidently from the post it's not a 'welcome to ED situation'! ;) )

A warm welcome and a hearty #forthemug from the team over at Hutton Orbital!

As with the rest of the CM team when they joined, you're cordially invited at some point to make your debut on the show. I'm sure Will and Stephen will tell you all about the shenanigans (as will the Dastardly Don - probably).

In the mean time, if there's anything we can do to assist, you know where to find us :)

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Greeting Cmdr. welcome to the madhouse o7

I like the fact you like Exploration so much, there are still quite a few bugs that need to be given a nudge up the list ;) What has been you most memorable Exploration journey/moment so far?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Greetings Commanders!

I am very excited to announce that I have joined the team at Frontier as Lead Community Manager covering Elite Dangerous and more!

You will most likely get to meet me soon on one of the streams with Stephen, Bruce or Tim, but I thought I would tell you a little about me first!

I have been playing Elite Dangerous pretty much since its launch on XBOX ONE. I focus mainly on exploration and combat, though I tend to let the federal ships do most of the work before sweeping in at the last moment for some easy bounties!

I could not be more excited to join this wonderful team and community at this time, just as Fleet Carriers went live and Odyssey was announced – I, like many of you, have been waiting for this news for a very long time!

Outside of Elite Dangerous, I am a huge gamer and sci-fi fan. I can often be found with my head in a book (I am currently working my way through the Horus Heresy novels), or in a game with friends online. I play a fair bit of Fallout 76 or Sea of Thieves, but one of my all-time favourites is XCOM 2.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to respond!

See you in the stars, Commanders!

CMDR Tolmie

Welcome to the forums! Glad to see our (community's) new overlo... I mean Lead Community Manager ;) is a passionate Elite player :) How does it feel to have access (I assume) to all the information you have been waiting for as a regular player? And - as an LCM - will we be seeing you on streams more as a guest or a host? Just curious :)

Fly safe and best of luck! o7

zKlDyDo.png

Welcome aboard @Arthur Tolmie! Crikey, that's quite a CM team we have for Elite now. Bruce, Stephen, Tim and now yourself! (have I got that right or are there any other cabinet re-shuffles I've missed?). You've picked an exciting time to jump in I must say. Anyway, just need to run the usual CM test by you ... so, a) which was harder for the team to implement, waves on waterworlds or the flight model while scooping gas giants? and b) could you tell us a little bit more about the design process behind Raxxla? ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom