ANNOUNCEMENT New Lead Community Manager - Arthur Tolmie

Welcome. You seem to know your cheese and biscuits!

As is tradition the new member of staff gets to give us a sneak preview of the new upcoming content! Luckily for you, that's Odyssey! Great timing.

ps no need to run this past any of the killyjoys in marketing, they're always fine with it....

Welcome. My input as you start this journey:

I wrote a long screed about Kickstarter comms versus what FD have evolved to and how disappointing the new style is compared to the old. But it was just too many words and detail I think. So, ... this

As you start your journey, please read the DDF, all the old newsletters and Dev Diary videos and forum posts. That's what we need from community management. And maybe innovation in game news from in-game to match the innovative tech FD produces. Review the entire Suggestions Thread and every new post placed in it and recap with developers and ensure player voices are heard in the roadmap of endless feature requests.

Last thing I want and that adds zero value is a lunch stream just playing the game all of us can play and announcements of coming announcements. Also, anyone can post patch notes. None of that is "community management".

In fact, a good start might be a discussion with the community of just what we want to see from the money FD spends on community management and forums. That could be interesting and value added.

Good luck!
o7 commander.
And as is said, see you in the black. Or not.

Welcome sir! Nice to have a community manager who's a declared player! Hope you've got a thick skin as all is not well in ED land at present.... PLEASE bear in mind a majority of the salt (nay 'vitriol') stems (usually) from a deep and abiding love for the game. We're headed in the right direction, but it's a bit of a bumpy road on the way there!

Last edited:
Good morning, I know you have only been a short time .... but will communications continue the same? leaving the game half broken for up to a week? with this it will be 2 weeks. Sorry to be rude, but personally, do you think this is have a good communication? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience, I do not even want to imagine the work you must have to not be able to write a single sentence.

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' streaming accounts is no basis for a system of community management! Supreme forum power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"

With apologies to Arthur (my liege) and Monty Python.

Deleted member 123897

D
Greetings Commanders!

I am very excited to announce that I have joined the team at Frontier as Lead Community Manager covering Elite Dangerous and more!

You will most likely get to meet me soon on one of the streams with Stephen, Bruce or Tim, but I thought I would tell you a little about me first!

I have been playing Elite Dangerous pretty much since its launch on XBOX ONE. I focus mainly on exploration and combat, though I tend to let the federal ships do most of the work before sweeping in at the last moment for some easy bounties!

I could not be more excited to join this wonderful team and community at this time, just as Fleet Carriers went live and Odyssey was announced – I, like many of you, have been waiting for this news for a very long time!

Outside of Elite Dangerous, I am a huge gamer and sci-fi fan. I can often be found with my head in a book (I am currently working my way through the Horus Heresy novels), or in a game with friends online. I play a fair bit of Fallout 76 or Sea of Thieves, but one of my all-time favourites is XCOM 2.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to respond!

See you in the stars, Commanders!

CMDR Tolmie
Welcome cmdr we at pbsf o7 you

And that is all the communication we have from the frontier about the problems of the game.
Osiris paintjobs, and his lead community manager's favorite python movie. :D 👏👏

(I'm really sorry for you Arthur, but try to understand us, after they promised us more communication, this looks ridiculous with the amount of current problems) 🙏

And that is all the communication we have from the frontier about the problems of the game.
Osiris paintjobs, and his lead community manager's favorite python movie. :D 👏👏

(I'm really sorry for you Arthur, but try to understand us, after they promised us more communication, this looks ridiculous with the amount of current problems) 🙏
Is your problem that you didn't vote for him?

Top Bottom