*NEW* "Military Stripe" paint pack SPOTTED at FrontierStore.net!

I like the paint pack, but I have not got a use for a T9 version.
The T9 is a great looking big monolithic ship, but sadly I am passed using it.

TBH, Iskariot, I'm not keen on going into a T-9 myself, either...

But I felt that the Community might like to know about this new Paint Pack, esp those who DO fly a T-9 more regularly, for whatever reason. ;)

Maybe they (Frontier) won't do this paint pack for other ships, in order to raise more interest for the T-9 in-game..??
Y'know, cuz "pretty". :p *lol*
((PS that is not a sexist joke; that's an art-and-design joke))

... OR, it's a "holding design" for the upcoming "T-10" seen in the most recent (2.4) trailer, the T-9 lookalike with the extra engines..?
image.axd

Interestingly, this blogger seems to have figured out that the T-10 (still image from 2.4 trailer) is less wide compared with the existing T-9 (wireframe overlay)..

TBH, Iskariot, I'm not keen on going into a T-9 myself, either...

But I felt that the Community might like to know about this new Paint Pack, esp those who DO fly a T-9 more regularly, for whatever reason. ;)

Maybe they (Frontier) won't do this paint pack for other ships, in order to raise more interest for the T-9 in-game..??
Y'know, cuz "pretty". :p *lol*
((PS that is not a sexist joke; that's an art-and-design joke))

... OR, it's a "holding design" for the upcoming "T-10" seen in the most recent (2.4) trailer, the T-9 lookalike with the extra engines..?
http://www.elite-dangerous-blog.co.uk/image.axd?picture=/Beyond/type-10-narrow.jpg

Interestingly, this blogger seems to have figured out that the T-10 (still image from 2.4 trailer) is less wide compared with the existing T-9 (wireframe overlay)..

its not less wide, its the same when the little wings are folded in landing position
the wireframe is not same same perspective as the screenshot. not even close to match anything

and from my past experience with FDEV... releasing a paintjob for T9 NOW wont mean that the same paintjob will be available for any T9 Variant anytime soon after its release.
it took FDEV a year to release single-color-paintjobs for FGS and FAS, even though they have already existed for the FDS when they had been released.

for the Cobra Mk3 exist 54 paintjobs, for the MK4 a total of 3
and the Viper MK3 exist 35 paintjobs, for the MK4 a total of 4
and the Eagle has 24 paintjobs, the imperial Eagle has a total of 4

disclaimer: i only count those on the store. limited offer ones are not included

Yet another, no real effort, "well we should post SOMETHING" ship skin, another microtransaction available in the FDev store while immersion-killing gameplay issues languish unresolved. o7

Afaik, Corlas, it's no "mod" -- I believe this kind of colour scheme / design was "inspired by" the FUEL RATS(?? Anyone correct me, if I'm wrong, please?), in order to add an element of "search / rescue" craft units into the ambience of the game, and as such, the design is not available to players, and only in use by NPCs performing this kind of role.

A player created the design and submitted it to FDev. In theory, it's supposed to be made available to players at some point, somehow.

I was just making a stupid joke about level of zoom post-screenshot making it look all pixilated. :)

Yes, we should let texture artists do the game design and coding from now on. Everything will be better.

given the huge number of sophisticated paintjobs we got for EVERY ship... i wonder if they even HAVE a dedicated texture artist in their team.
when i did 3D art in my teeny years about 20 years ago,
the difficulty of creating textures was to UV-unwrap the mesh. after that all the work was literally painting on the 3D body.

this is another paintjob that is just a few color-blocks and stripes on an existing ship.
putting that thing up to the webshop, with all those overlit rendered pictures, is probably more work then creating it in the first place.

Who flies a T9 by choice?

Is that really a question?
its not just a choice it's a lifestyle and a statement of galactic import and intent.

Yet another, no real effort, "well we should post SOMETHING" ship skin, another microtransaction available in the FDev store while immersion-killing gameplay issues languish unresolved. o7

Sooo...not getting one I take it? Luckily there are plenty of games out there for unhappy souls.

Last edited:
its not less wide, its the same when the little wings are folded in landing position
the wireframe is not same same perspective as the screenshot. not even close to match anything

and from my past experience with FDEV... releasing a paintjob for T9 NOW wont mean that the same paintjob will be available for any T9 Variant anytime soon after its release.
it took FDEV a year to release single-color-paintjobs for FGS and FAS, even though they have already existed for the FDS when they had been released.

for the Cobra Mk3 exist 54 paintjobs, for the MK4 a total of 3
and the Viper MK3 exist 35 paintjobs, for the MK4 a total of 4
and the Eagle has 24 paintjobs, the imperial Eagle has a total of 4

disclaimer: i only count those on the store. limited offer ones are not included

Danke/Tak, Bunderkind,

I honestly did wonder about that, since the COCKPIT FRAME and the two front-facing HARDPOINT DOORS weren't neatly aligned..

When I saw the Trailer (long before I found the image I included above), my gut reaction was "That's a T-9 with extra engines!"
So, I'm kinda thinging maybe it won't really be a "T-10", but rather a "T-9+"..?!?!? :D

As for the FrontierStore and paint packs, yes.. the contrast is quite stark, but I'd wager that FDev gets "statistics" from the game, to let them know which ships are most popularly used, and therefore cater most paint packs to those ships, to (of course, as any business would) "maximise potential profit" from these incrementals.
Of course, I could be massively wrong on this point, and it could well be that some ships are far more popular than the spread of paint packs would suggest.
In addition, the Cobra-3 and Viper-3 numbers are somewhat "inflated" by the sheer fact that there are COUNTRY FLAG skins for those ships, and no others.
Well, that's my own opinion. ;)
... and yes, I agree it is more sensible to EXCLUDE "Limited offer" (eg PCGamer UK, Feb'16, black with red, Cobra-3) skins. :cool:

A player created the design and submitted it to FDev. In theory, it's supposed to be made available to players at some point, somehow.

I was just making a stupid joke about level of zoom post-screenshot making it look all pixilated. :)

Oops.. missed the joke; cheers, Corlas! :)

As for the S&R design -- was that sthg to do with an Early Backer package "prize" or some such?
I'm aware of the "Community" paint jobs (Viper: red w/ black; AspX: white, grey, pale indigo(?), orange; Cobra: Medusa; Vulture: red Samurai-like; Anaconda: yellow chevrons??)

I like the paint pack, but I have not got a use for a T9 version.
The T9 is a great looking big monolithic ship, but sadly I am passed using it.

That's where I'm at with it. It looks great and so do those paints but since I earned my Cutter it's hard to find a reason to fly it. I did take the old girl out for a spin last week, set up as a miner, but it was basically a pity frak.

After owning a few in the distant past, I rediscovered the Type 9 in VR, it's just super impressive inside. I even like the slow oil tanker like speed and manoeuvrability of the thing.

Guess Frontier have the figures on how many people own this ship to justify making a new ship skin; and probably to promote awareness for the incoming Type 10 maybe.

Flimley

Top Bottom