Horizons NEW Mission: Decoding the Anciant Ruins

As I parked my ASP at Felice Dock in Mene I did get a critical Mission Update Message. I have 4 weeks left to gather information about ALL ancient ruines. Mission reward is 100.000.000cr. I say again 100 Million Credits...

got to get to work...

Does it provide systems/coordinates information within the mission? I just logged in to the new release to confirm the military slots, and that the mission boards were populating - but didn't see a new AR mission. That would be very tempting...

Does it provide systems/coordinates information within the mission? I just logged in to the new release to confirm the military slots, and that the mission boards were populating - but didn't see a new AR mission. That would be very tempting...

no. it is all very vague. The message is from Ram Tah. He uploaded software to my ship which can decode the scans. I did not get this mission via the misson board.
Currently at the base of Ram Tah but no further options here. Heading now to the alien Ruin in Synuefe...

i want to visit the alien sights anyway so this seems as good a reason as any :)

that will pay for probably an A rated class 8 PP and an A rated set of boosters for my conda at a guess!!! :eek:

is there much to do once you get there or is it simply a matter of scan a beacon and leave?

Last edited:
As I parked my ASP at Felice Dock in Mene I did get a critical Mission Update Message. I have 4 weeks left to gather information about ALL ancient ruines. Mission reward is 100.000.000cr. I say again 100 Million Credits...

got to get to work...

Sounds like a scam to me ... what was the client's name again? :)

Hmm, I'm at Felice Dock, and I had the audio cue mission critical update.. but there's no message?

Last edited:
Based on some of the threads around the Alien contact, and people being upset that they couldn't experience it for themselves, I can hear the wailing and see the gnashing of teeth on this one already. This is not a mission for the faint of heart...for many people who think in terms of gaining credits, and credits per hour, this one is NOT going to sit well, and will not be worth their time, effort, or mental real estate.

We haven't found all the ruins yet even, so this one will be pretty hard. At least for the first players who do it. :)

We haven't found all the ruins yet even, so this one will be pretty hard. At least for the first players who do it. :)

And from the looks of how things are currently unfolding, even after it has been solved, it is going to be time consuming with very precise orders of a lot of different things. Again, and even after it has been solved, it will likely not be worth it to people who think in terms of credits per hour.

Based on some of the threads around the Alien contact, and people being upset that they couldn't experience it for themselves, I can hear the wailing and see the gnashing of teeth on this one already. This is not a mission for the faint of heart...for many people who think in terms of gaining credits, and credits per hour, this one is NOT going to sit well, and will not be worth their time, effort, or mental real estate.

I agree...

Here is the puzzle. You need one or a certain combination of two anciant objects in your SRV hold when scanning an activ Obelisc. I have just begun and need a break now. I am not that much of a long trial and error guy ;)

I agree...

Here is the puzzle. You need one or a certain combination of two anciant objects in your SRV hold when scanning an activ Obelisc. I have just begun and need a break now. I am not that much of a long trial and error guy ;)

And each of the 20 or so obelisks at this site need a specific combination...and then there are hints at likely other sites too...

So there is more to the ancient ruin site than scanning obelisks and collecting trinkets for trade? I'm hoping it turns out to be some kind of transport to the other side of the galaxy or something like that. Maybe that's expecting too much...

Is there anything you have to do to receive the mission or is it just randomly handed to people? I've not received any critical mission updates since the patch...

got to get to work...

Mein Got!

Top Bottom