New Paintjobs

I got Type-10 operator gold on sale using the stash of free arx. Its not something you'd pick up first if paying, but excellent on sale.

Its by itself and I don't recall receiving a notification for this steath add.. but in case you hadn't seen it https://dlc.elitedangerous.com/product/dolphin-odyssey-graphite is an amazing paint for the dolphin. Bought that up for the missing accounts to on sale.

All im after now is the black gold splash paints for the cutter and orca. No rush for those as they're not for sale.. so if I can't make use of the sale will pass. It looks like it won't suit the ship kit at all so is a bit special needs.

Deleted member 182079

D
Bought some Stygians (blue for Eagle and Conda, red for Crusader) for my alt. Seriously I could buy them for all ships they look so darn good.

Still have some Arx left to spend on sale items. Operator for the AspX looks good.

I'm trying to be more strategic what ships I want to kit out on that account, as opposed to my main (and of course not duplicate purchases) - it's mostly a single ship CMDR so no need to go on a spending spree, and also want to keep the paints I have for a given ship at a minimum (2 max).

I'm seeing Stygian Cobra IVs in the store !

In the online store they are listed (as for all the other ships) at 3250 ... but 2250 for Adder and Eagle

View attachment 163873

I think I'll go for this .... after all .... not everyday I see a paint job I really like. Trouble is ..... it also looks good on the dBX ..... Beluga .... Cutter .... 😰
Wait... this is for all ships? Welp...

OK, help a brother out... Purple, Red, or Blue... I originally thought Blue, but dat red...
1582967331823.png

1582967362074.png

1582967382455.png

Deleted member 182079

D
OK, help a brother out... Purple, Red, or Blue... I originally thought Blue, but dat red...
Cutter looks best in blue imo. The red is still a lovely colour though, have it on my Cobra3 on my main since last year and haven't changed it since.

The purple feels too saturated for me so didn't buy it for anything. The green can be nice but my favourites by far are red and blue.

Deleted member 182079

D
Also note that the lighting in the preview seems a bit off, those paints tend to be darker in the game itself (hence the name I guess).

Its by itself and I don't recall receiving a notification for this steath add.. but in case you hadn't seen it https://dlc.elitedangerous.com/product/dolphin-odyssey-graphite is an amazing paint for the dolphin. Bought that up for the missing accounts to on sale.
I don't have a Dolphin, but I bought that paint in case I get one (as I am sure I will "soon"). You are right ... it looks very good in that two-tone Grey, which is unlike the other grey paint jobs. :)

1583024072990.png

Last edited:
I went a little nuts and filled up a 8k arx bundle. Ill officially be mistaken on that one I think, if you can save yourself for the sales arx is heaps better. Python apollo white, asp operator gold, dolphin odysee graphite, krait glow in the dark white, type 7 tactical white, and this one. Very happy with all of them.

EliteDangerous64_.jpg

Also boo to the tungstens. I only bought 2 last time, but they trigger buyers remorse for being higher priced and nothing but recolors.

I say nuts because im not playing that much anymore and just returned recently.

I’m not a fan of these metallic paints.
(Not that it slowed me down in buying out all the new adder paint jobs and a few “choice” ones for my Krait)

The look pretty under the right lighting condition when the light is directly behind or onfront of the camera and it can reflecting back at the camera. Effectively is like a phong, sheen effect.

but since they do not reflect any diffused ambient light, they don’t help out in the dark where the main lighting term is ambient.

Now if we had paint jobs that were to be augmented with some phosphorus style glow in the dark,
As the crispr parallel lines was odd,
The neon glow paint jobs bloomed out,

but something that blends in, almost like a a second paint job, which is only visible certain in certain lighting conditions.
Oh gawd.

a second, third and forth Paint job slot to be bought, that blend In and out and interact with each other as the paint-jobs “activate”
only when certain light sources a being reflected.

So you can have a paint-job slot for starlight, Another paint job the is visible with human (station) lighting,
Another paint-job that is visible under weapons fire,
Another paint job slot that lights up for
Ambient light

Think of the money we could be spending!

Last edited:
I grabbed a bunch of single-color paints for my ships last night, along with a fancy fire paint for my Eagle. I actually felt "positive feels" towards Frontier for putting so many paints on sale. It was a nice gesture. That said, all of this was done using Arx earned in-game. I have no desire to pay real money for Arx anytime soon, especially with CGs being removed from the game. What is the point of buying fancy clothes if there are no social events to dress up for?

I’m not a fan of these metallic paints.
(Not that it slowed me down in buying out all the new adder paint jobs and a few “choice” ones for my Krait)

The look pretty under the right lighting condition when the light is directly behind or onfront of the camera and it can reflecting back at the camera. Effectively is like a phong, sheen effect.

but since they do not reflect any diffused ambient light, they don’t help out in the dark where the main lighting term is ambient.

Now if we had paint jobs that were to be augmented with some phosphorus style glow in the dark,
As the crispr parallel lines was odd,
The neon glow paint jobs bloomed out,

but something that blends in, almost like a a second paint job, which is only visible certain in certain lighting conditions.
Oh gawd.

a second, third and forth Paint job slot to be bought, that blend In and out and interact with each other as the paint-jobs “activate”
only when certain light sources a being reflected.

So you can have a paint-job slot for starlight, Another paint job the is visible with human (station) lighting,
Another paint-job that is visible under weapons fire,
Another paint job slot that lights up for
Ambient light

Think of the money we could be spending!
There's the Onionhead paint .... that is luminous
1583068574674.png

I bought one for my Corvette ... a bargain at that price for all that paint. I already have it on a Cobra III.

Deleted member 182079

D
I grabbed a bunch of single-color paints for my ships last night, along with a fancy fire paint for my Eagle. I actually felt "positive feels" towards Frontier for putting so many paints on sale. It was a nice gesture. That said, all of this was done using Arx earned in-game. I have no desire to pay real money for Arx anytime soon, especially with CGs being removed from the game. What is the point of buying fancy clothes if there are no social events to dress up for?
I have no desire for paying real money for Arx, but I do it regardless:(

Top Bottom