General / Off-Topic New Phone. OnePlus 6 (128gb) or Huawei P20?

What is it you do for a living again?
Delivery driver. Lol
So my phone gets used as navigation (with live traffic updates), and a music player (van comes with neither usually), and us superior android users (lol) also have access to a new app for helping us find named houses faster. And of course as a phone. Plus I stop to take pictures of Wales and animals. Lol
I also trialed using my phone as a dash cam too, but both my old phone, and this one just couldn't cope with all that at once.
I could have a separate phone, navigation, and camera, but I don't really want to carry all that, and it'd probably end up costing more anyway. (Navigation with live updates is usually subscription based, or expensive... Google maps is free... Lol).

And when I'm not working, I use my phone for everything else, banking, email, texts, browsing, TV remote, PC remote, games, House remote (mostly just lights), and even as head tracking thing for ED. Lol

If I was like my mom, and just use my phone for calls and texts, then spending £500 is absolutely ridiculous. Lol
But I use my phone more than any other electronic device in my house, including my PC.

I think I've settled on the OnePlus 6 anyway. I just need to convince my girlfriend that it's not a waste of money. And I don't want or need an iPhone that costs twice as much, just so I can use Apple messages or something. Especially when I just use WhatsApp for everything anyway. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Delivery driver. Lol
So my phone gets used as navigation (with live traffic updates), and a music player (van comes with neither usually), and us superior android users (lol) also have access to a new app for helping us find named houses faster. And of course as a phone. Plus I stop to take pictures of Wales and animals. Lol
I also trialed using my phone as a dash cam too, but both my old phone, and this one just couldn't cope with all that at once.
I could have a separate phone, navigation, and camera, but I don't really want to carry all that, and it'd probably end up costing more anyway. (Navigation with live updates is usually subscription based, or expensive... Google maps is free... Lol).

And when I'm not working, I use my phone for everything else, banking, email, texts, browsing, TV remote, PC remote, games, House remote (mostly just lights), and even as head tracking thing for ED. Lol

If I was like my mom, and just use my phone for calls and texts, then spending £500 is absolutely ridiculous. Lol
But I use my phone more than any other electronic device in my house, including my PC.

I think I've settled on the OnePlus 6 anyway. I just need to convince my girlfriend that it's not a waste of money. And I don't want or need an iPhone that costs twice as much, just so I can use Apple messages or something. Especially when I just use WhatsApp for everything anyway. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

It sounds like your "needs" are much less demanding than many people who use lesser devices, and the rest are "wants".

It sounds like your "needs" are much less demanding than many people who use lesser devices, and the rest are "wants".

I'm currently using a "lesser device", and it simply can't cope with my demands, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. Lol

Admittedly, I do want the OnePlus 6, more then I need the OnePlus 6. But then if I didn't want it, I wouldn't be looking at it. When I buy something expensive, it generally has to cover all my wants and needs, while remaining as cheap as possible. With any luck, it'll last me 5 years, like my £300, 2013 Nexus 5. I don't upgrade regularly. I upgrade when my old device does. :D

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Got a Blackberry Key2 today. Couldn't resist the physical keyboard. Finally I feel like I'm at home again :)
I think it is something to consider, especially for the price. In terms of productivity focus this device is second to none right now.

Top Bottom