Newcomer / Intro New Player Multicrew

I have a friend just joining the game and my friends and I have played for some time now. to give him some practice flying around with us I tried to invite him to multicrew but it said invitee is already in a crew. I am unsure if this is because he is in the new player star systems and needs to play a bit before he can join us or if this is a bug. Any help is always appreciated much love commanders o7

AFAIK being in the starter systems doesn't put limitations on multicrew. Maybe your friend is already in a wing with you or someone else? You can't be in a wing and a crew at the same time because the multicrew system is built on top of the wing system.

Hello there

I have the exact same issue. I can invite my friend to a multicrew session, which he can join but he can't invite me. So if he wants to invite me in his ship, he receives a message, that I'm already in a Crew. I checked everything and I was not in a crew nor in a wing. When I'am already in a wing or a crew, I shouldn't be able to invite him?!

Greetings
Holtz

Hello there

I have the exact same issue. I can invite my friend to a multicrew session, which he can join but he can't invite me. So if he wants to invite me in his ship, he receives a message, that I'm already in a Crew. I checked everything and I was not in a crew nor in a wing. When I'am already in a wing or a crew, I shouldn't be able to invite him?!

Greetings
Holtz

I could be reading you wrong but just in case - if you have someone already crewed with you (i.e. you invited them and they joined) then they cannot invite you to also "join" them as you two are already "joined".

If that is not what you are referring to then perhaps your friend is not in a multicrew-capable vessel - i.e. they don't have a spare seat (as @Chris Simon says).

@Chris Simon: Yes. I have 2 seats (Cobra MK3) and it works if I invite him.
@Para Handy: I know. Before he invited me, he left my crew and we weren't in a crew or wing. Sadly it's also not a vessel-problem, he flies with an anaconda :-(.

I think its a bug. Even in Social, I don't see anything about being in a crew...

Last edited:

Does he have 2 seats, though? What is he flying? If it's something like a Hauler, Diamondback or T6 or any of the small fighters...

I mean, it's okay to expect bugs in Elite. There are many of them. But you can't use it as a first option when troubleshooting.
It like if police always arrested the gardener when murder happens and didn't bother investigating. Yes, it's usually the gardener, but you can't just assume. :LOL:

Last edited:
@Para Handy: I know. Before he invited me, he left my crew and we weren't in a crew or wing. Sadly it's also not a vessel-problem, he flies with an anaconda :-(.

I think its a bug. Even in Social, I don't see anything about being in a crew...

I have seen this reported elsewhere too so it could be worthwhile reporting it as a bug. https://issues.frontierstore.net/

Good luck. 🕹

Bloody hell. I also have this issue. Trying to invite someone aboard my cutter. We've tried everything: Restarting, doing it from scratch, different launch options, going beyond Harmless combat level...
Please let me know should you find a solution.

Does he have 2 seats, though? What is he flying? If it's something like a Hauler, Diamondback or T6 or any of the small fighters...

I mean, it's okay to expect bugs in Elite. There are many of them. But you can't use it as a first option when troubleshooting.
It like if police always arrested the gardener when murder happens and didn't bother investigating. Yes, it's usually the gardener, but you can't just assume. :LOL:

The Gardener huh? I thought that dude looked kinda shifty, but I thought it was from working in the sun all day. And all along I thought it was the Butler...Hey Jeeves! My Bad Dude!

Top Bottom