Newcomer / Intro (new player) What do veterans do during slow boring fly-time between planets ?

I am actively trying to be Enlightened. Seriously. This seemingly impossible Task actually makes RL kind of a fun game because at every point one is to be aware of one's consciousness and being.

So you are conscious of being bored outta your gourd. Watch yourself being bored. See how long you can watch yourself be bored without other thoughts invading...

/giggle

:)

I am actively trying to be Enlightened. Seriously. This seemingly impossible Task actually makes RL kind of a fun game because at every point one is to be aware of one's consciousness and being.

So you are conscious of being bored outta your gourd. Watch yourself being bored. See how long you can watch yourself be bored without other thoughts invading...

/giggle

You're inches away from death every time you go on a mission. How much older can you be at your age.
Catch-22

Chapter 4: Doc Daneeka.
Dunbar believes that when he engages in activities that are boring or uncomfortable, time passes more slowly and he thereby lengthens his life.

The way to go. [big grin]

And I've had enough excitement in RL.

The English invented racism, let's be fair.

To be fair racism was invented in that town 20 miles away. :p
Outside of the British Isles I've worked in a dozen other other countries. Not one of them was free from racism. Been the subject of it myself a few times. That seems to be human nature. :(

EDIT we are really getting of topic.

Stephen McAvoy. <- a bit like a funny handshake. ;)

Last edited:
The "loop of shame" for overshooting and follow up - fancy name, I like it.

The funny thing about the “loop of shame” is that it is actually faster than throttling down to 75% seven seconds from your destination. For destinations orbiting gas giants, or regions where there’s a lot of mass between you and your destination, it can be a lot ​faster.

Not original to me in either the naming (unfortunately) or in performing (too new), but I still get to carry it out when my throttle to 75% button glitches or I get too close before using said button.

Oh, I did that loop a couple of times and sometimes it seemed to me to be even faster than a normal approach - but if it's actually faster, no idea, it just felt like it.

You're inches away from death every time you go on a mission. How much older can you be at your age.
Catch-22

Chapter 4: Doc Daneeka.
Dunbar believes that when he engages in activities that are boring or uncomfortable, time passes more slowly and he thereby lengthens his life.

The way to go. [big grin]

And I've had enough excitement in RL.

Ah.... My husband adores that book. Dunbar is genius.

As for being inches away from death..... Well, would you rather be that much further along on Your Journey or would you rather avoid a rebuy? If one hesitates to answer such a question, methinks one's priorities are ...... ?

My first reaction to the above question was: "Well that depends on which ship I'm flying."

Bad Slange! Bad Bad Slange!

Ah.... My husband adores that book. Dunbar is genius.

Obviously your husband has excellent taste. :cool:

As for being inches away from death..... Well, would you rather be that much further along on Your Journey or would you rather avoid a rebuy? If one hesitates to answer such a question, methinks one's priorities are ...... ?
Are what?
Obviously I am NTB (Not Too Bright ). I am as far along my journey as I should be, considering. But for circumstances beyond my control. I would have died at least half a dozen times, in RL, if I had not swapped multi-verses at the right time.
Rebuys, ouch! but you have to suck them up.

My first reaction to the above question was: "Well that depends on which ship I'm flying."

1. Never fly without insurance. :p
2. In combat it is one with the heid and two with the bunnet. Death is but an inconvenience in this life.
3. Up and at 'em Atom Ant.
4. Pick your own pithy saying. :eek:

Bad Slange! Bad Bad Slange!

No! Good Slange, good Slange!. Sit and have a bicky. :x

The funny thing about the “loop of shame” is that it is actually faster than throttling down to 75% seven seconds from your destination. For destinations orbiting gas giants, or regions where there’s a lot of mass between you and your destination, it can be a lot ​faster.

That is unless you're flying a type-9. In which case it is faster to slow down on the far side, drop to normal space, turn around, and re-engage the frameshift drive than to do the loop.

That is unless you're flying a type-9. In which case it is faster to slow down on the far side, drop to normal space, turn around, and re-engage the frameshift drive than to do the loop.

I'll have to try that the next time I'm flying my Type-9. I'm always willing to experiment with new techniques. [up]

I thought the fastest way to do that in a T9 was to just smash into the planet, respawn elsewhere, buy an Anaconda and go ferry the cargo from the wreckage to the destination that way...

Top Bottom