new psn name?

Nope not changed as stated in the other topic with the long title... and spolier post included
Was not going to change as put many many hours in to titles that are on the effected with issues list...
And there zero chance that im risking the save data or DLC of those titles... No matter how good the titles Plus that even if some now support K&M making them very easy to replay starting from Zero will completely smeg...

it changes because ED uses PSN IDs...
we don't have PC commander names from Frontier accounts we have PSN ID field put after the CMDR in the game...
Yes yes yes yes, you've given me the logic, but I want to know what actually happens in practice. This is more nuanced than may first appear. If our CMDR name changes as we see it and others who target us see it, does it also change for all our first discovery / mapped tags and Codex entries as well?

Yes yes yes yes, you've given me the logic, but I want to know what actually happens in practice. This is more nuanced than may first appear. If our CMDR name changes as we see it and others who target us see it, does it also change for all our first discovery / mapped tags and Codex entries as well?
Now thats a proper question not your one liner for once...
Does it change the Single cross shared universe data between the PC and Xbox and PS4...
Don't know... The test account did not have that as it did not jump 1000 ly to test that...

One of my squad mates changed his and it changed his cmdr name, and even changed it on Inara and I think edsm as well. But all previous discoveries before the name change will still have the previous cmdr name, but any after will have the new cmdr name.

One of my squad mates changed his and it changed his cmdr name, and even changed it on Inara and I think edsm as well. But all previous discoveries before the name change will still have the previous cmdr name, but any after will have the new cmdr name.
OK so thats +1 for the server being locked and not re-writable after the first discovery field is coded on the server and can't be over written then...
Ta

as for the forums you might have to contact FD to change it, that I haven’t heard anything about yet.
Forums are linked to your Frontier account you just change the frontier account name, at a whim just chopped of the GB part as example... its not linked to console ID you have to manualy put the same name on the frontier ID...

For this and other reasons, I won't be changing my name. It's a goofy name, but it's how people know me, and it's better than "Randomgamerguy12345" that many people were stuck with until now. It actually gets lots of laughs in games where I truly am an "Old Duck" (games like Overwatch and Fortnite), and other games like ESO separate our character's name from our PSN.

I changed mine.
Old discoveries are still marked under my old Cmdr name
New discoveries are being marked up as being discovered by my new Cmdr name.
no biggie

No other issues discivered (so far)

Think you're talking about me Kungfu ;)

Yeah, changed my PSNID....no major dramas, but points worth noting

• Discoveries made up til the point in time I changed my PSNID (and hence my ED Cmdr name) remain associated with my previous name
  • Codex entries seem to be playing up. If I look at the codex now, its shows 0 (zero) entries in the main screen. However, if I drill down into them, it then starts to report correctly
    • So when on the screen that shows the different sectors, selecting a sector will show 0 (zero ) count for ALL celestial types. However, if I then click on one of the categories (stars for example) it then starts to show numbers for confirmed, reported etc
  • Had a strange issue where for a period of time, it appeared as if my changed PSN ID was causing a mis-reporting of number of online Sqdrn member being displayed
Tbh, I'm not massively bothered about the Codex (EDSM does a much better job) so not really an issue for me.

So all in all...not bad :)

e495e45c-9cc9-4143-8a98-c6f7fce82ed7_screenshot.jpg

Top Bottom