New Ram Tah mission?

I’ve heard that people have been getting a message sent to them, by Ram Tah, giving them a new mission (like the one from last year). How do I get Ram Tah to give me this mission? I assume it’s to unlock Guardian tech.

I have already been to the new Guardian structure and scanned the big glowing ball btw.

Unconfirmed: I hear this mission is given at Phoenix Base (Ram Tah's facility), which means you'll have to have him unlocked as an Engineer first.

Looks like Felice Dock gives the old mission still, Mitchell Dock (requires medium ship or smaller) gives the new one? I had taken my Type-10 out there after accepting the wrong mission so headed back, now on my way to Meene in my Asp Explorer to try again.

Definitely not at Phoenix Base. Tried there and Felice before I left for the new sites, and all I got was the old mission at Felice. Didn’t even think to check Mitchell.

Nice to know, thanks - sad that it's just another thing one needs to read about in the forums. Why not give information about having to go to Mitchell in the Galnet article? Now I'm out at the ruins in an Anaconda, and have to fly all the way back to pick it up.

Confirmed: Mitchell gives this mission.

Sorry to the Commander flying out to these sites in an Anaconda. I hope you like driving your SRV up steep and broken terrain, because you're going to wind up parking pretty far from a lot of these. I actually brought my Orca back to trade off for a Dolphin because landing at several of these sites has just been that bad.

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
Hi all,

Before 3.0, all markets in Meene which had mission boards would give the "Decoding" mission.

For 3.0, we have let Felice Dock (The most well known station, that most guides mentioned as the start of "Decoding") keep the old mission and have made all the other markets give out "Decrypting".

For large ships, you can get it at Schiltsberger's Progress.

Thanks,
Dom

Hi all,

Before 3.0, all markets in Meene which had mission boards would give the "Decoding" mission.

For 3.0, we have let Felice Dock (The most well known station, that most guides mentioned as the start of "Decoding") keep the old mission and have made all the other markets give out "Decrypting".

For large ships, you can get it at Schiltsberger's Progress.

Thanks,
Dom

Nice clarification, thanks!

Sorry to the Commander flying out to these sites in an Anaconda. I hope you like driving your SRV up steep and broken terrain, because you're going to wind up parking pretty far from a lot of these. I actually brought my Orca back to trade off for a Dolphin because landing at several of these sites has just been that bad.

Yep, noticed that - in the old ruins, I could even comfortably park a Beluga right in the middle, the new ones are much less orderly :p.

PS: the weekly newsletter I just got also leads commanders directly to the three systems where the ruins are: "simply make your way to one of the sites at Col 173 Sector QU-O d6-25, HD 63154 and Synuefe EU-Q c21-10." Not a single word about picking up the mission first, I think that's not really a good way to guide people to this content, anyone who does not read forums and find this thread by accident will completely miss this.

Last edited:
Im at mitchell dock now but no mission from Ram Tah has come up in either open or solo!? Any ideas?
I haven't either got the new mission, have been at Mitchell and Weber, both in Solo and Open. The old Ram Tah mission from Felice Dock is working.

I worked out what it was. I was only at level 3 with Ram so i went and got to level 5. Hey presto up came the request at mitchell dock!

Top Bottom