New record for high gravity landable planet!

Ok you aren't going to believe this, but 45g with a surface temp of 2,600 to 5,200k. Yes that's right 45g with up to 5,000k surface temp.

I will post location as soon as I sell the data but here's a preview!

lGZJ2If.png

Down, zero damage, whew!

JqmJyAI.jpg

Now all I have to do is step out through the door, into 5,000k!

Can't step out, it says the gravity is to high lol.

Anyway that's me done for the night, going to sign out planetside, I expect to see some other people here when I log back in, it's not every day we get a new high G record, and I hold the record for first landing at this sort of G anyway even if I can't get first footfall!

Just curious, did you use the vertical landing technique (nose at 90 degrees and slowly back down to the planet), or some other method?

Congrats! Probably an unbeatable record since it looks like that planet was handcrafted. I think it was meant to be a gas giant.

EDIT: Oh, and do submit this to the GMP. This planet is far more worthy of the title "Planet Pancake"

Last edited:
Ah, and the star is from a catalogue. Quite interesting that such a planet would form there, and definitely one to splatter test my ship(s) on. A pity you can't disembark, but hey, if the game were realistic, you'd be quite dead if you landed on the surface anyway :D

Just curious, did you use the vertical landing technique (nose at 90 degrees and slowly back down to the planet), or some other method?
Had to be the 'falling leaf' method. No ship/thruster combo is strong enough to point the ship's nose upwards.
Only the magic of vertical thrusters is strong enough.

I bet getting out of there will take a looong thrust upwards with the vertical thrusters. :)

EDIT: and holy cow, what a find! 😮🤯(y)

Top Bottom