Ships New Ship Concepts for 2019 and Beyond?

I'm not saying Panther Clipper but... Panther Clipper?
I agree. There was such a variety of ships in the previous Elite games. It would be a crime not to put them in Elite Dangerous, even if they fill a niche tht others already fill. Its abit like cars really: there are so many types of cars that all do the same thing, so it just comes down to aesthetic preference. There should be that many ships so that we commanders can choose something we like the look of.

If I want to explore, I will use the Krait Phantom, the AspX is one ugly pug. ;)

I'm hoping for a/some dedicated Imperial combat ships, similar to the Alliance and Federation trios. As powerful as the Empire is, I'd like to see more dedicated Hunter-Killer type ships for them, perhaps commissioned/inspired by the current emperor?

I was hoping that Alliance Crusader will be something different.....not a copy of Chieftain and Challenger but something more. If i was in charge the Crusader will be size of an Anaconda with very strong shield and hull ....a real tank with ONLY 4 medium hardpoints BUT it will have the options to deploy 2 fighters at the samme time....the only ship that can do this THE CRUSADER

I was hoping that Alliance Crusader will be something different.....not a copy of Chieftain and Challenger but something more. If i was in charge the Crusader will be size of an Anaconda with very strong shield and hull ....a real tank with ONLY 4 medium hardpoints BUT it will have the options to deploy 2 fighters at the samme time....the only ship that can do this THE CRUSADER

True, the Crusader needs a buff. Its the most hated ship, along with the Asp Scout. But the Asp buff is half-legally approved by the devs(?).
Dont forget that the Crusader was a smaller tank than the Chieftain, and better but smaller than the Challenger, too (if I remember correctly). If FD follows the war "patterns" then we cant expect anything better...

Also it will never be 2 NPC SLFs ingame (for one carrier), as the developers said (because its too strong). Yes, a "Grand Admiral Thrawn" playstyle would be nice, with standing on your commander bridge and just watching as your fighters do the battle, but it will never happen in this game.

The only new ships possibly those with the existing concept arts: a small mining specialized ship (rumoured few months ago), and a squadron based Fleet Carrier, which "require a quantity of an unspecified fuel that had to be sourced by players." As Will Flanagan said: "As we said in the OP, we will still be making updates to Elite Dangerous on a 3-4 month cycle. These updates will initially focus on new player and welcoming experiences."

The last update was in April...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/important-community-update-01-03.479122/page-47

Top Bottom