New store item - Cockpit interior skins

As per subject, I'm suggesting a new store item be made available, namely cockpit interiors, these would:
  • fit with the no pay to win ethos of FDev's store item policy
  • offer a lot more customisation to commanders
  • be an item that the players would see more often, I mean you cannot see ship kit or paintjobs without using external camera but cockpit skins, every time you play you'd see them
  • they'd be relatively easy to implement, simply applying new textures to the existing mdoels for ship cockpits
  • picking up on textures in bold above, they could include things like old duck's elephant hide leather and not just offer new colours but new textures as well, at extremous taking the form of furry dashboards, leather interiors, carpeted floors, metal elements, etc...
Your thoughts please, and in particular I'm curious to know would I be the only one to buy these interior skins if they were available in the store?

I agree, that should be something available when they implement space legs.
Plus items and skins for your own cabin (which should be close to that door behind you).

In ships with an off-center pilot seat (like the Imperial Cutter) it would also be nice if you could switch between the right and left seat.

That would be nice to get rid with all those cables hanging from the ceiling in Krait MkII. Some are attached with Scotch tape. The other Kraits MkII have the same, or did I buy used ship in the price of new one?

I would love to spruce up the flight desk of my Sidewinder
A Saud Kruger luxury upgrade with better panels, materials, and flooring and hidden pipes and wires.

Having A rated and engineered everything, and fitted a body kit, it would be nice to redo the inferior as well

That would be nice to get rid with all those cables hanging from the ceiling in Krait MkII. Some are attached with Scotch tape. The other Kraits MkII have the same, or did I buy used ship in the price of new one?

Hehe, yea. That's something i could actually spend money on in the item store. Although it would be very bad precendence: they'd learn to make messed up cockpits, then ask for money to fix them up.

Hehe, yea. That's something i could actually spend money on in the item store. Although it would be very bad precendence: they'd learn to make messed up cockpits, then ask for money to fix them up.

it can go both ways, such as a trashed federal dropship interior would be a great alternative to its default clean look. ALSO Im sure everyone wants to see the FDL with saud-kruger refit.

Why not a dirty raider Cutter or a neat freak admiral Corvette?

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
I was thinking something similar the other day, it would be great to be able to change things. I have no idea how programming works, but the idea of some form of mix and match by cockpit could be good, as if sections could be interchanged. Ideas could be not just colours, but maybe more gaffer-taped cables or pristine piano black gloss.

Anyhow, good suggestion.

These are all great ideas it would be nice to actually have some customization that we can actually see in game. It would be nice to have an in game option to change the colors of our hud display as well. Instead of having to change ini's.

These are all great ideas it would be nice to actually have some customization that we can actually see in game. It would be nice to have an in game option to change the colors of our hud display as well. Instead of having to change ini's.

I am glad you like my idea, and I like your idea of HUD colour schemes being available in store, playing on PC I can use third party tools to create my own huds, but not without artefacts on other aspects of the hud, like the scanner - particularly friend or foe colourations - for example. Start a thread for in store HUD colours, I guarantee there will be a wave of support for it.

I have no idea how programming works, but the idea of some form of mix and match by cockpit could be good, as if sections could be interchanged. Ideas could be not just colours, but maybe more gaffer-taped cables or pristine piano black gloss.

Hehe, yea. That's the core problem of this suggestion. Almost certainly, this would require plenty of work, especially when it comes down to not only change some skins and textures (aka: different colors) but to also change the model (e.g. remove dangling wires, put missing covers into place). The things would probably have to sell really well in the store to be worth the effort. So i guess from a financial point of view, it's unlikely that we'll get this.

That being said, i would very much appreciate if we would get it. Removing the randomly dangling wires in my Krait MK II would be worth the money.

I like this idea.

Also, I'd pay real money to be able to manually turn off ship interior lighting, especially the ones shining in our face. I'll buy cake FD...

As per subject, I'm suggesting a new store item be made available, namely cockpit interiors, these would:
  • fit with the no pay to win ethos of FDev's store item policy
  • offer a lot more customisation to commanders
  • be an item that the players would see more often, I mean you cannot see ship kit or paintjobs without using external camera but cockpit skins, every time you play you'd see them
  • they'd be relatively easy to implement, simply applying new textures to the existing mdoels for ship cockpits
  • picking up on textures in bold above, they could include things like old duck's elephant hide leather and not just offer new colours but new textures as well, at extremous taking the form of furry dashboards, leather interiors, carpeted floors, metal elements, etc...
Your thoughts please, and in particular I'm curious to know would I be the only one to buy these interior skins if they were available in the store?
It is weird having a grungy pirate pack cutter with a pristine interior...

I know this is an old thread, but I was about to suggest the same thing. The other cosmetics aren't that great unless you spend a lot of time in vanity cam. A nice walnut dash to spruce up my AspX please!

Top Bottom