News New stream series: Frontier Xtra

If this mean you'll finally tell us what is the roadmap for Elite Dangerous I'm all in =)

Long life to Fdev & ED !

It sounds good on the surface but this dog and pony show includes all of Frontier's games. The question of the month could be about dinos pr coasters. I'll try and not be too salty until i see the goods though, maybe it will have enough information to keep everyone happy amoung all the game FD does.

Let hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
Caliber

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
This is great idea! Unfortunately 3 PM doesn't work for me, as I'm at work :(

I presume this will be the case for a huge part of Elite community and possibly also PC and JWE. Please consider doing it a little bit later, so that more people can participate live. Other than that - love the idea!

Here's a question or two from me:
What is being considered to make material gathering a more satisfying gameplay loop?
Are there any plans to build on the narrative with story based quests and missions as well as the trading/mining/combat roles?
Where is the Gutamaya medium multirole ship with great hard point placement?

For this series to take off, you need to have a spoiler of the month section, when a dev from any of your games show off their favourite new feature, model, sound, graphics or anything that they worked on that month, even something technical like improving peer to peer network code. Or even something none game related like implementing a new feature in the cobra engine. One per game would be nice but I settle one from the whole library of frontier games.

For this series to take off, you need to have a spoiler of the month section, when a dev from any of your games show off their favourite new feature, model, sound, graphics or anything that they worked on that month, even something technical like improving peer to peer network code. Or even something none game related like implementing a new feature in the cobra engine. One per game would be nice but I settle one from the whole library of frontier games.

Now that would be a good thing to have.

Time of broad cast is a bit early for me. Will it be uploaded to YouTube later on? Looking forward to watching.

Question : Anything in the pipeline coming for Elite?I am eager to know since i love this game and i want it to progress,i know it is early but surely something should be told or shown of the future of the game to have us excited and to move away from speculations as speculations create expectations and expectations fail if something else is happening do we get any revamps on salvaging,damage model of the ships?Also 3 PM for UK is good time as i am 2 hrs ahead as i am from another country.Thank you.

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Question of the Month: What are the plans for 2019 ? (Both 3.3.x and 4.x pls)

Hello there,

We understand that you're all eager to hear about what we have in store 2019, however, in this particular episode, we won't be making any major announcements, which are primarily done through our usual channels. We have an awesome community, and this stream is an opportunity to share and celebrate what the communities (across all of our games) have been up to!

Hello there,

We understand that you're all eager to hear about what we have in store 2019, however, in this particular episode, we won't be making any major announcements, which are primarily done through our usual channels. We have an awesome community, and this stream is an opportunity to share and celebrate what the communities (across all of our games) have been up to!

oh, it's so cool that you still don't want to give even hints for season 4! I, as a thank you, do not want to sponsor you by spending money on the frontierstore (although there are some things that I would really like to have in the collection). thank you for continuing to help me save my money 😊😜

Hello there,

I very much doubt that on this stream there may be at least something interesting other than at least some information about season 4.
therefore, thank you for the notice, see it yourself.
I will not watch it, and I will save some of my time. Thanks you 😊

Last edited:
Question
Now with the big overhaul Exploration and Mining received, are there any plans for Elite in changing Combat in some way?

Question: With a game of such scope as Elite Dangerous do Community Managers get time during their working week to learn the game's features in depth from Exploration to Mining to BGS to Powerplay. Or does time & workload pressures dictate that any training occurs as is required for a stream or community event?

Many thanks,
CMDR Justinian Octavius

Last edited:
Hello there,

Oh well, cheers for letting us know. Patiently awaiting a 2019 roadmap non-the-less

Top Bottom