New tag on Steam Workshop hints on DLC

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
They added that some days ago :) (somewhere last week ?)

Most probably it has to do with the "cosmetic DLC" that Bo announced at the same time as the spring update was announced.
Since then we didn't get any update on DLC as all focus was on the spring update most probably.

Guess we will get some more information about this in weeks to come :)

What to expect? I would guess it is either themed rides (for the ones we already have in game) or scenery packs (maybe by theme, maybe like a plant/flower pack?)
Looking forward to it either way...

So this DLC will be like a paid expansionpack right? Since we got updates more often and i dont know if people also refer to that as DLC. Maybe since it's not optional. Anyway, DLC.. thats interesting.

I wonder what it would be. I'm fine with extra rollercoasters etc being put in those packs but it also kinda worries me if this means that this is the end of the base game and if it would still get updated. I was fine with the selection of coasters, could use some more default rides though but I do hope we'll be still seeing technical updates for the game in general instead of just content updates. Like the UI still needs some more tweaking so we get more freedom in our building fun and it would be great to have more control over some others things too like coaster supports etc.

So what do you guys hope this DLC will be?

I am hoping for a floral package and maybe a new theme! Then I will pay.. LOL

More flowers, plants and trees would be great! The game seems a bit lacking in the foliage department, although with the advanced movement and being able to recolor some flowers you can still create a wide variety of different looking foliage. Personally I would like to see ride packs over scenery packs. With how the scenery works in PC you can create so many different themes already, but there are still some coasters and rides missing I'd love to see in the game (Mack mega/launched coaster plsss Frontier[big grin]).

Another DLC discussion [ugh] That tag has been on Steam for a while.

Yeah it has. I wonder when we get to hear from Frontier how the DLCs are going to look like.

I am all for scenery packs. [yesnod]

We got quite a lot of flat rides and coasters now. Even if I do want them to add my favorites... Virvelvinden, BreakDance, Rainbow..

There's a lack in water rides however, no kind of water ride that will work in lakes.. Rowing boats, swans, jet ski.

And then more of the more "odd" tracked rides.. stepplechase, cycle coaster, etc...

But of course those require new coding so it might come further down the line. but I would prefer if those weren't DLC but instead updates.. or part of proper large expansion pack.

for DLC it works with scenery objects.

The best thing would be it they wouldn't release any DLC at all, just free updates. [haha] I fear that with scenery packs it will mean proper mod support, namely custom assets, will be put on hold, as there would be no point in selling assets when people can make their own. That's why I'd rather see fully fetched expansion packs, especially the model Cities Skylines follows which is extremely customer friendly in my opinion, instead of micro transactions.

Frontier did the Skylines model with RCT3 as well. Though Soaked! and Wild! were pretty substantial expansions, the general improvements to the engine were free for all. The waterfalls, underwater effects and ability to build tunnels all came in free updates, while the expansions contained actual content and extended gameplay.

But then again, Frontier also did the abysmal expansions for RCT2. All those did was adding poorly designed reskins for existing rides without new content or offering any advantages to the paying player. Nowadays you would call that "cosmetic DLC" I believe. Let's hope Frontier will not use that term anytime soon and...oh dear.

But then again, Frontier also did the abysmal expansions for RCT2. All those did was adding poorly designed reskins for existing rides without new content or offering any advantages to the paying player. Nowadays you would call that "cosmetic DLC" I believe. Let's hope Frontier will not use that term anytime soon and...oh dear.

And if we look at something a bit more recent; if Elite Dangerous micro transactions are anything to go by, we could be in for some nasty surprises. But hey, let's not judge the DLC before we know how it actually is going to look like. [tongue] I will remain skeptical however, especially since Frontier used the term 'costmetic DLC'.

The best thing would be it they wouldn't release any DLC at all, just free updates. [haha] I fear that with scenery packs it will mean proper mod support, namely custom assets, will be put on hold, as there would be no point in selling assets when people can make their own. That's why I'd rather see fully fetched expansion packs, especially the model Cities Skylines follows which is extremely customer friendly in my opinion, instead of micro transactions.

yeah definately. Something like Soaked! water park expansions and Wild! Safari expansions I would buy in a heartbeat [big grin]

Top Bottom