New Teaser Trailer for 2.4

while i get that people want to see new content, would you like to see it in a trailer first or in game? id rather not have game play spoiled by a video myself.

and another thing to take note of is the fact that as far as frontiers view point this stuff is new, they haven't put anything about most of that stuff out in any trailer yet, yes, we have seen it in game, however it took a while for them to even acknowledge that the space cabbages had made a return in the first place. frontier is taking the "role playing dumb" playing dumb as devs just as the NPC population refused to accept it for a while, at least that's the way Ive been seeing it, again this is to hype up the goids first arrival in ED technically that is what the video shows, even if its old content as far in game availability.

i think that made sense? XD

I'm perfectly fine with not seeing any new content in the trailer. So many films/games and tv shows have been ruined by trailers revealing too much nowadays. I want to see everything new and fresh in game and not blasted into my face holes by YouTube.

I personally cannot wait for 2.4 and I welcome our insect overlords. Keep up the great work!!

The way that FD releases info on future content is so slow and ambiguous. It frustrates alot of people. From their perspective it makes sense. But from a fans perspective its getting tiresome.

Don't forget it's not just for us, it's also for gamers who have never played Elite.
Imagine turning off FIFA 138 or Silverstone Racer 3000 and seeing that on Youtube for the first time

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just because we've all seen this footage a million times doesn't mean that someone interested in the game has seen all this footage.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just because we've all seen this footage a million times doesn't mean that someone interested in the game has seen all this footage.

Certainly true.

But after they play for a while they eventually get the same taste in their mouth... The shine wears off and a certain truth sets in. Luckily I'm pretty good at making my own fun.

Last edited:
It's a teaser trailer. It's not meant to reveal things, it's meant to hype people up.

Theyre just saying this trailer is less revealing that the last. Seemingly they could've added some more.....

I was unhyped as it's so hush-hush that the video should've teased what players are doing in the closed beta

I love Frontier and I love Elite Dangerous... But that was a particularly weak trailer, sorry to say.

And being critical is not the same as hating, btw. Blindly being sycophants is how things like Mass Effect Andromeda come to exist.

That said, it was a lame trailer. So what? Not everybody can be on their A-game all the time. So I think we should just give FD a mulligan on this one. Who's with me?

I love Frontier and I love Elite Dangerous... But that was a particularly weak trailer, sorry to say.

And being critical is not the same as hating, btw. Blindly being sycophants is how things like Mass Effect Andromeda come to exist.

That said, it was a lame trailer. So what? Not everybody can be on their A-game all the time. So I think we should just give FD a mulligan on this one. Who's with me?

I mean sure I won't get FD in my blacklist because I didn't liked a teaser but come on, these are professional marketing staff...

This combined with the rather misleading older trailers that show legs and EVA don't paint the best picture trust wise. Although they do know how to make some true masterpieces every now and then, I'll give them that.

And as he said ^^^ there's a difference between criticism and hate, the latter would be more like: OMG frontier you are such a sh***y developer your trailers are horrible. I don't recall seeing many of those posts here.

I'm hyped by Thargoids since they said that they will come back and I really can't wait for that.
But this trailer failed to hype me more. It's a good trailer of what happened before but it's not a 2.4 teaser in particular.
Teasers are meant to tease, new stuff, unseen stuff. And no, I don't think a 2 frame shot of a Flowership firing at a Vette is that.
But I can understand, they want the whole thing to be a secret. This is probably more a PR trailer or just a advertising than a teaser.

Well....the trailer worked for me....I'm so hyped already for 2.4 so it wasn't difficult. You could've shown
me a guy holding a sign that read "hold onto your butts 2.4 is close" and I would've still screamed like a little girl lol.

This trailer for me was more of a nod to us saying "oi...oi.....get ready...it's coming". And that works for me.

giphy.gif

I'm hyped by Thargoids since they said that they will come back and I really can't wait for that.
But this trailer failed to hype me more. It's a good trailer of what happened before but it's not a 2.4 teaser in particular.
Teasers are meant to tease, new stuff, unseen stuff. And no, I don't think a 2 frame shot of a Flowership firing at a Vette is that.
But I can understand, they want the whole thing to be a secret. This is probably more a PR trailer or just a advertising than a teaser.

I'm with you in this.
I was hyped beyond normality when the Thargoids were announced, then a couple none interactive events were put in the game and a bunch of puzzling way out of reach for the "normal" ED player using sound spectrometers etc. a huge disappointment!!
Then finally there were the Thargoid bases which offered some interaction with the unknown objects activating a galactic map of some kind, pretty cool stuff though.

Now 2.4 is coming and FD is building up a huge hype by showing teasers, keeping things secret and adding thing into the game as it progresses instead of a bulk of new content right at the start.
There isn't even any new content at all in the patch notes besides improvements and fixes.

This Thargoid stuff must be realy, REALY, good to live up to the hype and non existent info regarding 2.4.
I hope 2.4 will gradually show us to be a huge surprise and a great addition in gameplay and content.
I'm carefull to not get over hyped again lest I get disappointed again though.

I see this latest trailer purely as a hype builder, I won't allow myself to be influenced by it though, I did that before and it backfired.
FD knows how to make fantastic trailers, cool but also dangerous because of their different projection compared to the game's reality.

Hoping for the best......

Teasers don't have to tease anything to be teasers. Did I actually read these words correctly. [noob]

Don't get me wrong, I still have a soft spot for ED to go with the warm fuzzy memories, so I see no reason to jump on the hate train over something as mild as this mini-blunder of a misnomer - but rngesus christ, that's some next-level white-knighting going on in the above argument.

Even if you're prepared to make the required leap of faith to believe that a teaser doesn't *technically* have to show off anything new, that's still conceding that a 'teaser' that shows its audience nothing new is fine. And if there's no red light going off in your head when you consider this premise, now might be a good time for you to put the gamepad down and go outside for some fresh air / perspective, before you permanently disappear up the game's backside, never to be seen again by human eyes.

Like I said, not everybody owns the game. The trailer gives a foretaste of the upcoming update, without spoiling the upcoming update. If it annoys you, don't watch it again.

Like I said, not everybody owns the game. The trailer gives a foretaste of the upcoming update, without spoiling the upcoming update. If it annoys you, don't watch it again.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not annoyed in the slightest. Just a little baffled. I guess it's true that there's a tightrope to be walked if you don't want to spoil things.

The other end of the spectrum can be much worse. Many years back, a friend & I once hired a video and as we put it on, a trailer started up. Now some film trailers do the 'tease' thing, rouse your curiosity and leave it at that. This was not that kind of trailer. It was the kind that briskly walks you through the entire plot of the film, blow by blow. As it progressed, we turned to each other puzzled, as the themes all seemed very familiar.. this wasn't a trailer for the same film we were about to watch was it?

And yes, yes it was. The entire film spoiled immediately before it started. Nice job, trailer.

I guess at least this teaser avoids any possibility of that. But still, a tidbit of something new & unseen to whet the appetite wouldn't go amiss. So you can avoid essentially saying, "coming up in episode 4.. the same stuff you already saw in episode 3!". But hey ho. Hardly the end of the world.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not annoyed in the slightest. Just a little baffled. I guess it's true that there's a tightrope to be walked if you don't want to spoil things.

The other end of the spectrum can be much worse. Many years back, a friend & I once hired a video and as we put it on, a trailer started up. Now some film trailers do the 'tease' thing, rouse your curiosity and leave it at that. This was not that kind of trailer. It was the kind that briskly walks you through the entire plot of the film, blow by blow. As it progressed, we turned to each other puzzled, as the themes all seemed very familiar.. this wasn't a trailer for the same film we were about to watch was it?

And yes, yes it was. The entire film spoiled immediately before it started. Nice job, trailer.

I guess at least this teaser avoids any possibility of that. But still, a tidbit of something new & unseen to whet the appetite wouldn't go amiss. So you can avoid essentially saying, "coming up in episode 4.. the same stuff you already saw in episode 3!". But hey ho. Hardly the end of the world.

The worst example of that in recent history for me was the latest terminator film where SPOILERS AHEAD... it shows in the trailer that John Conner has been changed into a robot but you don't find that out in the film until over half way through and is a major plot point.

I thought the 2.4 trailer was meh btw but I can understand why, they want us to experience it first hand and I would rather something like this than the example I give above .

Top Bottom