New Thargoid variant

Wait, wait... So, Palin scapes and gets reinstalled, but still we get another Engineer, Chole Sedesi, who, so far, does exactly the same as Palin in Engineering tasks... It is like if Sedesi is a safeguard... a redundance... just if someone will die suddenly and we need someone to fix our thrusters if one of them both die...
Chloe (Chole) is the new guy on the Star Trek away team.. you know isn't coming back.

Anyone find any new info about this thing yet? I went and checked it out myself and this is what I was able to gather. From what I saw, it really does look like the orthrus is escaping from the base. It starts by exiting a hangar and launching from a landing pad at the base. Once it hits about 16 km away from the base, a bunch of thargoid scouts will drop in and it'll immediately go to wake out (frame shift anomaly). The scouts are completely uninterested in you unless you attack or ram them. Otherwise they just wake out after the orthrus. All this on top of the massive uptick in hyperdictions leads me to believe the thargoids are definitely looking for something or someone. Possibly the orthrus?

Anyone find any new info about this thing yet? I went and checked it out myself and this is what I was able to gather. From what I saw, it really does look like the orthrus is escaping from the base. It starts by exiting a hangar and launching from a landing pad at the base. Once it hits about 16 km away from the base, a bunch of thargoid scouts will drop in and it'll immediately go to wake out (frame shift anomaly). The scouts are completely uninterested in you unless you attack or ram them. Otherwise they just wake out after the orthrus. All this on top of the massive uptick in hyperdictions leads me to believe the thargoids are definitely looking for something or someone. Possibly the orthrus?

So, it is still happening? I thought it has ceased so I concluded that it was a bug that got corrected.

That is unfortunate. I was wanting to try some new things with her that I never thought to try when she first ran off.

That is unfortunate. I was wanting to try some new things with her that I never thought to try when she first ran off.

Man the jokes I could make to the wording of that comment. 😂 😂 😂

They will probably add it in one day. I've maintained the belief the devs were running a small beta test just on this variant and we weren't actually supposed to find it. Well never really know tbh.

She was such a tease. I only saw her a few times. Each time was just as exciting as the last. If I ever meet her again, I'm bring some probes, sensors, and links if you know what I mean.

I mean specifically... thargoid sparklies to catch her eye

She was such a tease. I only saw her a few times. Each time was just as exciting as the last. If I ever meet her again, I'm bring some probes, sensors, and links if you know what I mean.

I mean specifically... thargoid sparklies to catch her eye

All staff in the game is frozen now till next year.
Thargoids as well...

kinda lame that FD, could not make it without such huge gaps in updates.

If only Galnet could tell us about the new Thargoid ship sighted but also it cannot as it isn't in the game any more

Top Bottom