New Things in Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55

I just discovered a Scientific Installation called Eagle Eye Six and an Unregistered Comms Beacon in this system, which I believe are new. Both are situated around Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 2.

Edit: There’s a transmitter (the Unregistered Comms Beacon) at Eagle Eye Six transmitting something in the NATO phonetic alphabet. Trying to record, but DVR is acting up. Transmission began around 10:50 in game time. NPC’s in the area have interesting Dialogue.

Edit 2: While waiting for the transmission to repeat, it occurred to me that there are likely more of these installations around the Pleiades, given that this one is numbered six.

Edit 3: Updating this main post about new findings is cumbersome on mobile, and I'm lazy, so please try to keep up with the thread. Thanks. :)

Transcript (Eagle Eye Six)
2081187159419 pgaung tjkfkekup psijte rgqgaqgr legstrgp pgaqkn snwr1 55 sjvgpqsitqg unigjq

This string repeats a couple of times. I may have the pauses wrong in a few places, but this is what I'm hearing. Again, I'd record, but my DVR is malfunctioning.

Another installation (Eagle Eye One) discovered in HIP 17692. Credit to CMDR Studiousdewsh.

Last edited:
I just discovered a Scientific Installation called Eagle Eye Six and an Unregistered Comms Beacon in this system, which I believe are new. Both are situated around Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 2.

Edit: There’s a transmitter (the Unregistered Comms Beacon) at Eagle Eye Six transmitting something in the NATO phonetic alphabet. Trying to record, but DVR is acting up. Transmission began around 10:50 in game time. NPC’s in the area have interesting Dialogue.

Good find

2081187159419 pgaung tjkfkekup psijte rgqgaqgr legstrgp pgaqkn snwr1 55 sjvgpqsitqg unigjq
My money is on those numbers somehow translating to a keyword, and the rest being a substitution cipher based off that. Letter distributions look like a "standard" sentence.

legstrgp pgaqkn snwr1 55
Pleiades Sector IRWD1 55

I believe, based on previous encodings, "legstrgp pgaqkn snwr1 55" is "Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55" (or like in your groupings Pleiades Sector IRWD155). Trying to work out the rest now..

pgaung tjkfkekup psijte rgqgaqgr legstrgp pgaqkn snwr1 55 sjvgpqsitqg unigjq
Secure anomolous signal detected Pleiades Sector IRWD1 55 investigate urgent

Obviously, I'm on my way now :p

EDIT: Doh, ninja'ed by later posters.

Last edited:
My money is on those numbers somehow translating to a keyword, and the rest being a substitution cipher based off that. Letter distributions look like a "standard" sentence.

Good thought. I wonder then if those numbers in the sequence would be part of a system name. Perhaps Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55? That, however, would be the system in which this installation lies. Perhaps it will point toward a particular body. Also bear in mind that my pauses may be a little off.

From these reddit threads, credit to /u/t3mpu5xiii , CMDR Unknown9593 and others:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/82w8i3/recorded_coded_message_an_unregistered_coms/

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/82vzk5/eagle_eye_one_new_station_in_hip_17692/

The message is a keyword cypher, and the keyword is:

THARGOIDS

The message translates to :

secure anomolous signal detected pleiades sector ir-w d1-55 investigate urgent

Eagle Eye One Station In HIP 17692 has also been discovered, credit to Cmdr Unknown9593

Using the same cypher it's message translates to

secure anomolous signal detected hip 16440 1e investigate urgent

What these have in common: both are active thargoid surface sites.

Edit: I'm too slow typing, ninja'd :)

Last edited:
Numbers and offsets into alphabet - THARGOIDS
THARGOIDS is key to the usual Caesar cypher on rest of message

So you end up with THARGOIDS: secure anoxolous signal detected pleiades sector irw d155 investigate urgent

(not my work, Node_ over on discord)
Presumably, that should read "anomalous."

Any ideas as to specifically what that might mean?

Oh damn. Are these things lighting up???

(Not literally... I mean,, are these surface sites about to awaken??)

At work so all I can do is ...

8c8.gif

Would it stand to reason that we should be taking guardian tech to these signalled sites since the new ram tah mission includes thargoid tech to decipher?

Edit 2: While waiting for the transmission to repeat, it occurred to me that there are likely more of these installations around the Pleiades, given that this one is numbered six.

Transcript (Eagle Eye Six)

This string repeats a couple of times. I may have the pauses wrong in a few places, but this is what I'm hearing. Again, I'd record, but my DVR is malfunctioning.

Another installation (Eagle Eye One) discovered in HIP 17692. Credit to CMDR Maketee!

Awesome find!

Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 Is the system with the oracle station.

I'm in system looking around and at Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 4 A I found an attacked megaship an AMAETHON Agricultural Vessel was this here before?

Top Bottom