New Things in Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55

If anyone has a minute to spare, how do you get the initial messages?

You get to Eagle Station and then what?

I know what to do after getting to Thargoid Structure with recording Links audio etc.

cheers :)

If anyone has a minute to spare, how do you get the initial messages?

You get to Eagle Station and then what?

I know what to do after getting to Thargoid Structure with recording Links audio etc.

cheers :)

There are communication beacons you can target and fly close to. They broadcast a coded audio message using the NATO phonetic alphabet. You can only hear this when you're really close to the beacon. I believe the broadcast only happens at certain times which I think somebody just posted here.

There are communication beacons you can target and fly close to. They broadcast a coded audio message using the NATO phonetic alphabet. You can only hear this when you're really close to the beacon. I believe the broadcast only happens at certain times which I think somebody just posted here.

OK, so I get the bunch of letters from that, this is the name of the system with Thargoid Structure in plain form?

Yup - it's in the codex. EE1: :00, EE2, :10, EE3: :20, EE4: :30, EE5 ... you can guess. Is your clock set right? WHen I compare to in-game time it's always been to the second (though if you miss the start it doesn't seem to play, which is sad).

Edit: That's from visiting all 6 each week for the last 3 weeks...

I went to EE3 and got the message at 18 past the hour. Clock is set correctly (ie the same as every computer/tablet/phone I own which is set from the internet). Pretty odd.

If the servers come up in time I'll go investigate whatever EE3 spits out, otherwise I'll head for EE4 and do that instead.

How sure are we that these messages only play once oer hour? When I did my sightseeing tour of the installations I heard at least two of the comm's beacons I bothered to go and look at broadcasting their signal. The odds of that seem quite low for random visits?

How sure are we that these messages only play once oer hour? When I did my sightseeing tour of the installations I heard at least two of the comm's beacons I bothered to go and look at broadcasting their signal. The odds of that seem quite low for random visits?

Given they're 10 minutes apart, the odds are better of hearing two.

No way I'm patient enough to sit at one for half an hour to confirm though, especially seeing as I have illegal cargo and authority ships keep turning up to scan me :)

Given they're 10 minutes apart, the odds are better of hearing two.

No way I'm patient enough to sit at one for half an hour to confirm though, especially seeing as I have illegal cargo and authority ships keep turning up to scan me :)

Yeah, I did it last week with a hold full of thargie fun stuff (ready to go to the sites) and nearly bankrupted myself. This weeK I'm leaving the EE to others ;)

Week 2 they only flipped in later in the day (noon UK time), so might do that this time.

Nothing an hour later still. I think FD forgot to hit the switch this week.

I suppose it's also possible the bases give different link locations this week, but I'm way too lazy to check that given it's far more likely FD just forgot.

Steve Kirby

Lead Games Designer, Frontier Developments
Frontier
Nothing an hour later still. I think FD forgot to hit the switch this week.

I suppose it's also possible the bases give different link locations this week, but I'm way too lazy to check that given it's far more likely FD just forgot.

Hi,

Just to clarify. No one forgot anything.

I'm afraid you will just have to wait and see what the Thargoids do next.

I believe Aegis will be releasing a statement about the situation in the near future.

Steve K

Hi,

I believe Aegis will be releasing a statement about the situation in the near future.

Steve K

Oh god, it's the AX weapons all over again ... the sneaky buggers have got wind of Eagle Eye and are adapting to our methods!

:eek:

Last edited:

Steve Kirby

Lead Games Designer, Frontier Developments
Frontier
Oh god, it's the AX weapons all over again ... the sneaky buggers have got wind of Eagle Eye and are adapting to our methods!

:eek:

That's war for you. Tactics change.
Maybe you guys have given them a bloody nose and they are rethinking their plans, maybe they didn't expect to meet the kind of resistance they did when they got to the bubble.
Maybe they have detected the eagle eye programme, maybe they haven't.

Who knows how the Thargoids think.

Last edited:
Hi,

Steve K

Thanks for the heads up. Beats checking these beacons every hour on the hour :)

Top Bottom