New to Elite and wanted to share the video that got me to buy the game!

You need to be very careful in Open!!! Total chaos...like Mos Eisley Spaceport, scum and villainy.

Joking, but keep your head on a swivel in Open.

Deleted member 115407

D
Grats, OP - you're starting a wonderful journey.

There is a lot of advice that could be given - more than would be prudent for a single thread reply.

My best advice is this - Have fun and taker your time. If you're stuck, drop by the forums and ask for some help. If you're stuck and you're frustrated, chill out, take a smoke break, then come to the forums and ask for some help.

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
welcome to the forums!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/321074-Alec-s-best-of-the-forum-(and-elsewhere)-thread

is a good place to start for hints and tips. You don't need to complete the tutorials to play, but they will help you get the hang of how the flight model works and start to learn where some key buttons are.

A couple of tips:

1) Never fly what you cannot afford to rebuy. When your ship is destroyed you have to pay 'insurance' to get it back of 5% of the total cost. If you're short you may well end up back in the sidewinder
2) Make sure the 'boost' button is nowhere near the 'deploy landing gear' button. Bad things happen.

Glad to have another enthusiast on board!
Welcome and enjoy the ride!

As you start earning enough credits to buy more expensive starships, make sure to always keep enough credits in your pockets to cover your ship's insurance deductible!
Edit: ninja'd by Yaffle ;)

Last edited:
Just watched the whole video great advert for the game! I think a lot of people get side tracked by the game play, when the actually Stella Galaxy engine is genius...

I love this game :)

Nice video and welcome! You'll find many useful tips here, along with many complaints, lol, but the community here is generally great.

So I was browsing youtube and I came across this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSwte6iXCQ8

And I instantly was awed enough to buy the game the next day after a little research. I'm a little confused by the controls but I'm doing the tutorials a lot and having fun. I kind of wanted to say hi to this community and maybe show more people this video.

If you have any tips I'd like to know them too!
Video created by my good friend, Crusina-Luachra on the Xbox... stunning work [up]

Last edited:
Hello, welcome and have fun! Dont get lost chasing after distant goals, just make sure every time you play you have a fun time!

Hi and welcome, first of all don't get discouraged by all the negative threads over here, sure the game has it's flaws but still is awesome and well you can always pay us a visit on the Xbox Forum, just sayin' and second prepare for something entirely different to any other game, Elite is special at it's own way and soon you'll find out

I thought I was good with the camera, but I think that person has me beat.

Great video, and a reminder of why I play this game in the first place.

Also a reminder that I need to get out and see more of the things, and do less of the grinds, though those are almost done.

Riôt

Top Bottom