Hello everyone, I'm still pretty new to the game so I thought I would introduce myself. So far I'm loving it. Elite is (almost) everything I ever wanted in a space game. A few things could be added but I understand they are coming in the future. This game is amazing and incredibly large. Anyway, I hope to one day be out there on the front lines dealing with the thargoid issue. I'm really hoping this community isn't as toxic as games like World of Warcraft. Given the type of genre it is one would think it wouldn't be. Anywho, nice to meet everyone and if anyone ever wants to do anything in game (as long as you don't mind a noob) feel free to send me a friend request, my name is J Wright. Have fun out there.

Welcome! Have fun, the Elite community is awesome!

If you have any questions just ask away. Most of your questions can be answered by googling (that's what i did anyway). The game seriously lacks in the manual department.

One tip for you! If you are not feeling comfortable with the basic controlls yet, turn on pre flight check in the right functions menu.

Two months in for me....I think....and 90% of my knowledge comes from the Newcomers Forum either through asking my own questions or reading other people’s threads. The remaining 10% through dying, pancaking into planets and driving around fruitlessly searching on planets. If you Google your question you inevitably end up back here so just ask and someone will answer and someone else will chip in with another gem.

Hope to see you out there Cmdr

Just about to start my 2nd month after enlisting ... best advice I can give you is:

When you click 'launch' check your throttle is off EVERY TIME ;)
It'll save you some grief down the line.

Fly dangerous - land safe.

Hello everyone, I'm still pretty new to the game so I thought I would introduce myself. So far I'm loving it. Elite is (almost) everything I ever wanted in a space game. A few things could be added but I understand they are coming in the future. This game is amazing and incredibly large. Anyway, I hope to one day be out there on the front lines dealing with the thargoid issue. I'm really hoping this community isn't as toxic as games like World of Warcraft. Given the type of genre it is one would think it wouldn't be. Anywho, nice to meet everyone and if anyone ever wants to do anything in game (as long as you don't mind a noob) feel free to send me a friend request, my name is J Wright. Have fun out there.

This forum, not toxic...

oh-you-have-no-idea.jpg

Being serious though there's a lot of amazing people here, some amazing OC such as ship scale posters, videos, guides, tutorials and generally the best community in gaming -> Google the Fuel Rats as the leading example of awesome.

On the flip side there's several micro-climates of toxicity. Topics to avoid are: Star Citizen, Space Legs, Open vs Solo vs Group, ship transfer timers, Kickstarter promises, jump range as a balancing mechanism and a few others.
Also a lot of people appear straight after updates that nobody has seen for months coming and complaining like mad for 2 weeks (game is doomed unless they listen to me. Do what I want now etc) then disappearing again. Also people that hate the game because it's not what they wanted yet somehow never actually leave the forums despite not playing...
I think the biggest problem is Elite is a middle-child between an MMO, RPG, Arcade, Nostalgia, simulation, trading and whatever else game. Can't please everyone and naturally if an update focusses more on one area than another everyone else complains!

Generally the sub-forums are much better than Dangerous Discussions for more sensible conversation/debate.

Anyway, hopefully I haven't put you off, welcome! and Fly safe :)

Last edited:
Recently found your YT channel. Very impressed; concise, entertaining and interesting subjects with personality yet without a forced persona.

Rep’d - keep it up

Top Bottom