ANNOUNCEMENT New Tourist Locations Added

Is there a list of these?

Just wondering if my submission was added. :)

I've actually been considering making a list of deep space passenger destinations that I see in missions. I like the long range jobs, they are great ways to find interesting and scenic places to visit out in the galaxy that I otherwise might never learn about. To the best of my knowledge though no such list exists. Maybe we need a thread whose purpose is to discover and compile all of the passenger destinations?

Is there a list of these?

Just wondering if my submission was added. :)

I guess we could start one here in the forum (much like I did with the new in-game structures). One nice thing is that the player submitted tourist destination descriptions appear to be individally numbered so the thread could have a long list of those numbers with all the blanks waiting to be filled in (or at least sort the submissions on their ID number). People could submit screenshots of the inbox text (and the view if it's nice) to the thread and the OP could then drop those into the appropriate place in the list.

Could be quite fun actually. I've got to catch a train now but if nobody else runs with this then I might start just such a thread tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks Michael. :) I added one which I wasn't sure I wanted to include first time around, but now that ships are going out by Sagittarius A*, then now would be a good time as it's in the area.

Michael,
Any chance on a list of tourist locations? I realize you might want them to be revealed organically, but a lot of people (myself) included offered locations in that thread you linked....just curious what from those suggestions made it in.

Awesome to hear that long distance missions will be getting more time.

What about tours?

I just had a pretty good tour but they wanted it done in 15 hours and the farthest place was 500ish ly with 4 stops... That's 1000 ly there and back to the farthest stop, but it's probably much more than that as the points often have you traveling back and forth. I only had an hour and I didn't think that was enough time to get it done and I wouldn't be back to play till the next day... Can we get a few days for such missions so we can accept them, figure out when we can carve out a few hours, and log back in to finish it in a day or two?

Last edited:
I've actually been considering making a list of deep space passenger destinations that I see in missions. I like the long range jobs, they are great ways to find interesting and scenic places to visit out in the galaxy that I otherwise might never learn about. To the best of my knowledge though no such list exists. Maybe we need a thread whose purpose is to discover and compile all of the passenger destinations?

I guess we could start one here in the forum (much like I did with the new in-game structures). One nice thing is that the player submitted tourist destination descriptions appear to be individally numbered so the thread could have a long list of those numbers with all the blanks waiting to be filled in (or at least sort the submissions on their ID number). People could submit screenshots of the inbox text (and the view if it's nice) to the thread and the OP could then drop those into the appropriate place in the list.

Could be quite fun actually. I've got to catch a train now but if nobody else runs with this then I might start just such a thread tomorrow.

A friend started one of these a couple weeks ago here, to help me gather data for one of my spreadsheets: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Commanders!?p=4756722&viewfull=1#post4756722

The spreadsheet with currently found/identified tourist beacons is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eu30UyjpQrWexAglwD1Ax_GaDz4d7l8KD76kSzX4DEk/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
A friend started one of these a couple weeks ago here, to help me gather data for one of my spreadsheets: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Commanders!?p=4756722&viewfull=1#post4756722

The spreadsheet with currently found/identified tourist beacons is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eu30UyjpQrWexAglwD1Ax_GaDz4d7l8KD76kSzX4DEk/edit?usp=sharing

Ah, very nice spreadsheet! So should we just start using that thread and spreadsheet to begin cataloging beacons? I see that the latest posts aren't entered into the spreadsheet, is it still being updated?

Ah, very nice spreadsheet! So should we just start using that thread and spreadsheet to begin cataloging beacons? I see that the latest posts aren't entered into the spreadsheet, is it still being updated?

Yes, its still being updated. I'm a little behind with recent posts as I've been trying to focus on the lore beacons numbered between 113 and 251. However, I hope to have it all caught up within this week.

The thread isn't the ideal layout for this, so if anyone would prefer to take their own run at a thread and have a full updated list in the OP (with spoiler tags et al) I'd be more than happy to back it up with my spreadsheet!

Hi,

nice work. I like tourist missions currently as they pay very well if you are allied with a minor faction.

You should add a "distance from star" column in your spreadsheet (and a marker "planetary"). This would help to choose tourist missions. Yesterday i took a mission leading me to 2 planetary beacons and on space beacon 450.000 ls from the star. Took a lot of time (and was not really worth the panoramic view).

Ciao, Udo

I hope The Code's effect on the old world is put in since it was the biggest unplanned, unsanctioned player initiative that changed the political face of the game. To be fair, the efforts of Alliance Loyalists in taking it back should also be mentioned.

Last edited:
We've just increased it to 28 days. Anything more than that would need to take part of a major update as it has knock on effects, so we'll look into it for 2.3.

Michael

28*24*60*60*1000 = 2419200000. Okay, that disproves my initial thought that you might store them as milliseconds in a 32 bit signed integer, as 28 days is several days larger than the maximum of 2147483647 that would yield. :D

Which makes me wonder just how these values are stored. With a resolution of minutes you end up way below the limits of a 16 bit signed integer, down to seconds and it is far away from any of the common numerical limits. And ISO time duration string format would have none of, 99 days takes as much storage space as 28 days (PT28D).:)

My hunch is now that storage is not the limit, but some backend processes that do stuff like automatically garbage-collect missions from the database that are older than 4 weeks, which would likely be an approximate for 1 month (because months are ugly to support as a unit of time duration). :D

Last edited:
While we are at it, can we have some one way passenger missions with a 28 day timer to Jaques or Colonia? With all the missions so far that I've seen out there being return trips, no one is going to be bringing any passengers on the upcoming Christmas Carriers Convoy because the whole trip is timed for a month already.

We've just increased it to 28 days. Anything more than that would need to take part of a major update as it has knock on effects, so we'll look into it for 2.3.

Michael

really, it take you a major update just to change a value in your database or xml file ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom