• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

New winter update slowed my coasters down.

Severity
Moderate

Frequency
Always

Area of Game Affected
Coasters

Description
After the new update, my coasters run slower. I can verify this because my Ghost Mine coaster was perfectly timed to run 7 trains with no stops on the block brakes. After the update all the trains move slower and stall at the block brakes.

Steps to Reproduce
I compare the new POVs to videos recorded before the update. Because of the delays, triggered events no longer sync correctly.

Last edited:

Animator-Jonny

Frontier Animator
Ensure you have the most up-to-date BIOS and chipset drivers.
• These drivers will be available on the manufacturers’ website.
• Download and install these updates at your leisure.
• This will improve system stability and performance.

Perform a clean reinstallation of your graphics card drivers.
For NVIDIA hardware:
• Navigate to www.geforce.com
• Click ‘Drivers’
• Fill out the information for your graphics card
• Download and run the driver installer
• Ensure you select Perform a clean installation

For AMD hardware:
• Download and run the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx)
• Navigate to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
• Download and run the AMD Driver Autodetect Utility
• Run the driver installation program

Scan for and eliminate file system errors.
• Right-click on your Windows Start Menu
• Select ‘Command Prompt’
• Write the command sfc /scannow and press Enter
• Wait for the check to complete

Scan for and eliminate memory errors.
• Open your Windows Start Menu
• Search for Windows Memory Diagnostic
• Run this program.
• Your computer will restart and check for errors

QA-Jonny,

I believe Fisherman may be referring to a noticeable increase in friction on coasters, not performance of the game. [heart]

I have noticed that friction on wooden coasters seems to be a bit excessive after the update as well.

Neezy, you are correct. It isn't my game performance. I have a very high-end gaming computer and performance has never been an issue. My problem is a change that occurred because of the winter update. Either peep loading times were changed or friction was increased. I'm pretty sure it is friction because it occurs in test mode as well. It ran perfectly before.

Last edited:
I think its a shame that the only response from the devs was about performance issues and driver updates.

I don't think they want to discuss how or why the friction of coasters was changed to what it is. This was brought up a lot back when the update first launched, but it was ignored and now nobody cares. But people have shown that a very closely accurate recreation of real life coasters are not always possible without increasing the height of the first hill to increase the coasters speed more. I guess not enough people pay attention to this though