Horizons newbie questions if you want to help.... thanks

low on fuel or out of fuel can you get help or fuel or just sit until someone takes you out? also inside solar system how long do you have to fly at 30ms in frame shift before speed picks up if you are close to a sun?.... its hell on gas ..when you first start you have to buy a fuel scoop correct..i guess it will pop up in outfitting after you get enough credits because I don't see it listed yet at the hanger in internal bays..also what is the best next gun to buy? thanks for all info in advance...(even if it is bad news lol)

I got caught low on fuel after being interdicted and jumping... No station in the system I was in so I self destructed. I like multi cannons and have never used a fuel scoop.
Carry on commander... God's speed to you!

I got caught low on fuel after being interdicted and jumping... No station in the system I was in so I self destructed. I like multi cannons and have never used a fuel scoop.
Carry on commander... God's speed to you!
bummer thanks boss op im sitting on a 35000 bounty I need to collect

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

bummer thanks boss op im sitting on a 35000 bounty I need to collect
what would be so cool if you self distruct anyone within a mile goes with you!!!!!

......also inside solar system how long do you have to fly at 30ms in frame shift before speed picks up if you are close to a sun?......

If I understand your question (not sure) rotate to fly away from the sun then max throttle. You'll be zooming away in no time.

You don't have to buy a fuel scoop if the fuel onboard covers the travel distance to your selected destination system. If more fuel is needed to get there then the second option is to stop at a station in a system along the way to refuel. Finally installing a fuel scoop and watch for nearby A B F G K M O type star systems in the Galactic Map when the fuel gets low and you'll never run out. Other type stars like Y and T don't work. Fuel scoops are sold in Outfitting at a station.

Totally out of fuel with no options? Check out the Fuel Rats for live player assistance to bring you fuel.

Last edited:

If I understand your question (not sure) rotate to fly away from the sun then max throttle. You'll be zooming away in no time.

You don't have to buy a fuel scoop if the fuel onboard covers the travel distance to your selected destination system. If more fuel is needed to get there then the second option is to stop at a station in a system along the way to refuel. Finally installing a fuel scoop and watch for nearby A B F G K M O type star systems in the Galactic Map when the fuel gets low and you'll never run out. Other type stars like Y and T don't work. Fuel scoops are sold in Outfitting at a station.

Totally out of fuel with no options? Check out the Fuel Rats for live player assistance to bring you fuel.
do you just type in I need fuel in the comm local

also can some one tell me how long it takes to pick up speed in supercruise in a solar system close to a sun going to a station or planet

do you just type in I need fuel in the comm local

also can some one tell me how long it takes to pick up speed in supercruise in a solar system close to a sun going to a station or planet
hey dude, i believe the fuel rats need to be contacted over the net, not local com.
you should pick up speed pretty fast. if not check you are not in reverse?
hope that helps

I had the pleasure of requiring Fuel Rat services just the other day.

You need to go to their website on fuelrats.com and there is a chat channel there with instructions. Basically you log onto their chat with your commander name, Type 'RATSIGNAL' along with your current system and if you are on PC or XBox. They give you instructions and turn up with fuel. Simple as. I couldn't believe how organised and professional they were. I think the whole thing took about five minutes from Rat Signal to being fully fueled up and on my way. Definitely worth calling before you self-destruct.

low on fuel or out of fuel can you get help or fuel or just sit until someone takes you out? also inside solar system how long do you have to fly at 30ms in frame shift before speed picks up if you are close to a sun?.... its hell on gas ..when you first start you have to buy a fuel scoop correct..i guess it will pop up in outfitting after you get enough credits because I don't see it listed yet at the hanger in internal bays..also what is the best next gun to buy? thanks for all info in advance...(even if it is bad news lol)

You don't need a fuel scoop but they are very handy, not all stations stock all modules so you could be at a station that has no fuel scoops. Fuel is cheap though so don't worry about just topping up at each station you visit assuming you're not planning on exploring - in which case you WILL need a scoop. Not all stations have refuel either though so be careful.

Couple of good outfitters are Ray Gateway in Diaguandri and Fernandez Dock in Ga Gu - both got discounts - most ships and modules.

Guns are a personal choices, I'd go with gimbaled pulse lasers as good all rounders but up to your style of play really.

And yes go on that Fuel Rats site - it's external to the game but they've become very much a part of the core game if you run out of fuel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom