Newcomer / Intro Newcomer/ Intro/ Whatever

Hello Commanders,
Not sure if this qualifies as a Newcomer or Intro category but sometime in everyones gaming experience this will come up eventually so here it goes and don't get offended:)
As there are a lot of questions out there which are all valid, as there are no dumb questions "BUT" that being said, what about the more advanced players that want to move on but can't due to Elite has become anything but a solo player game in the end result or content of progression with wing missions and the newly introduced Thargoid content? BTW very nice touch with the addition FD:)
Wings were a nice touch but were very limited to "friends" as was the multi-crew idea. BTW again a very nice touch FD:)
Squadrons were an even better touch but still limited to "friends" per say wings and end content as (I really "hate" to make reference to World of Warcraft /facepalm) but your in with a group or your on your own. Yes, everyone says join a squadron.....As you being a noob to the squadron how does this help as most advanced players have done it, conquered it, and are now bored with it. BTW still very nice touch with squadrons FD:)
So the real question is, how does an elite player or newly motivated player REALLY get into hard or non-solo content? Youtube shows soloing stuff all the time but hey, we all can't be pro.... "shrug"

Some players now or in the future will most likely ask this, I guess I'm just the first I suppose, what can the elite players or squadron commanders give as advice to help the new or advanced players continue with the more difficult content?
I'm sure there are quite a few that would like to know sooner or later so any information on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading this post and adding to it if you can. Fly safe, Keep the weapons warm, and there is nothing wrong with running.
o7 Commanders.

I think there's a lot of players out there who don't want 'advanced features'. They just want to play the game.
Unfortunately for us once FD gets a bee in its bonnet about something it dominates the game.

I can hardly find a cargo for a single ship that's worth carrying these days. Everything is huge amounts for their beloved wings.
The transport filter throws up mainly mining missions and even some of the courier missions want you to fly to Colonia.

Personally I've never been interested in wings, squadrons, fleet carriers or fighting radioactive water Lilies .
But basically FD wants everybody to fly in Open mode and form clans.
Some of us just wish they'd stop the social engineering and give us a playable game that caters for everybody.

So if you want advanced features you're going to have to play in Open and follow FD's latest fad.

So if you want advanced features you're going to have to play in Open and follow FD's latest fad.
^this[1]

Simply go to a system/station where other players are and ask in the chat channels if someone wants to wing-up for a mission or if you can join a wing. Generally this works quite well in systems where the Thargoid Wars rage because fighting Thargoid Interceptors solo is too hard for most players so they seek mutual support (and that's much more fun). And don't worry, many of the elite commanders enjoy helping other commanders to get better.

There's also this
and many of these groups have discord channels.

[1] I wouldn't call wing content "FD's latest fad" because wing missions were introduced years ago already. It's my impression they rebalanced rewards for wing missions recently and that made them less viable for solo players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom