Newcomer / Intro Newly starting but some confusion.

Hi all

I bought this game way back in June 2014 apparently. Never really got into it and then forgot all about it.

Firstly Are the seasons different and to be played as such or do they just incorporate new features into the same game and I just play the latest one?

Secondly, my purchase was Elite Dangerous - Premium Beta

Does anyone know if that will include the future Odyssey expansion? I vaguely recall it saying all seasons/expansions when I made my purchase but just cant remember as it was so long ago and it offers no description as to what it includes when I look at my order history.

Lastly a big apology if I've put this in the wrong place or if these questions have been answered before. I'm getting on a bit and am not as tech savvy as I used to be. Yes I had the original Elite and thats why I got this was back in its early days.

Many Thanks

Firstly Are the seasons different and to be played as such or do they just incorporate new features into the same game and I just play the latest one?
Basically the second - and there's only one "Season" so far, which is Horizons. All the rest was released as part of either the base game or Horizons.

Lastly a big apology if I've put this in the wrong place or if these questions have been answered before.
No apology needed for asking any question in the Newcomers section, no matter how often it has been asnwered (no, that's not a challenge). That's what this section is there for.

No idea about the premium Beta, though. But I expect @Para Handy will show up in a minute ;).

If it was a Kickstarter pledge of "Participate in the first round private beta test", then it has all paid DLCs also covered.
Not sure about after Kickstarter packages, but if there was a mention of all seasons/expansions, then LEP status is likely.

D'oh, June 2014 excludes Kickstarter, so later Premium Beta purchase. IIRC that includes LEP.

Just jump in and play the game no need to play anything in sequence.
I'm a Premium Beta backer also and you're covered for all future releases.
Welcome back Commander.

Top Bottom