News about our upcoming update!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi coaster friends!

Hope you're all well and dandy!

As you may have noticed, either via Steam updates or during our special livestream today, we're preparing a new update for you!

Like with the previous few updates, we've got a special Pack lined up, alongside a wonderful free new update! This week, we want to highlight that for you, so read on below to find out what you can get for free in the next Planet Coaster update!

VENDING MACHINES
Vending machines are new facilities that allow guests to interact to acquire new inventory items or exciting outcomes. The vending machines conform to the grid and have a path placed underneath them, similar to ATMs. The drinks machines allow guests to purchase drinks, and the Crane Machine has a probability of the guest getting a prize. The probability can be set by you!

planet_coaster_17_free_update_4_960w.jpg

planet_coaster_17_free_update_3_960w.jpg

RECOLOURABLE STAFF
Woot woot! You can now customise the look of your employees by changing the colours of their uniforms! Pink janitors, gray vendors, or yellow security guards? Whatever you like, and whatever suits your park.

planet_coaster_17_free_update_1_960w.jpg

FILTERS
The new filter feature allows you to change the game graphic effects, and lets you select a certain look for your park. Want to see the world in black and white? Or you're a content creator working on the perfect sepia screenshot? Have a play with this new feature and show us what you can create!

planet_coaster_17_free_update_2_960w.jpg

GROUPING SCENERY
Another thing to make building, changing, and creating a little easier: you can now group scenery pieces together! It's now a lot easier to duplicate and manipulate large selections, isn't it? Worth mentioning, you cannot group scenery with rides or with grid-based building pieces.

All of this will come to you in a free update real soon! Check today's VOD for some more images from the free update: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/277763305

We'll have more to talk about next week, when we can show you the new Pack coming to Planet Coaster.

Hope you enjoy, we'll see you soon!
[heart]
Bo

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Awesome!! Im very pleased with the vending machines and recolorable staff especially :D

I can't wait for next week to see whats comming!

This new free update is awesome. I wasn't expecting vending machines or a recolourable staff option Frontier surprised me once again. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the new DLC. I'm hoping more flat rides.

Ooooo a new pack for planet coaster!!!! I wonder what it could be!

Space Themed?
Jurassic World Theme?
Kids Playground Theme?

Who Knows!

This new free update is awesome. I wasn't expecting vending machines or a recolourable staff option Frontier surprised me once again. Can't wait to see what they have in store for the new DLC. I'm hoping more flat rides.

Let's hope it's a content pack instead of a theme pack! Only exception I'll make is a water themed pack [squeeeeee]

Ooooo a new pack for planet coaster!!!! I wonder what it could be!

Space Themed?
Jurassic World Theme?
Kids Playground Theme?

Who Knows!

I'm hoping the new DLC has more content this time. I really don't want it to be a Space or Jurassic World Theme. I really don't have any use for them. What a lot of people been asking for is more flat rides which I totally agree with. I'm hoping the new DLC is an all Flat Rides DLC.

I really like what was shown today. A bit unexpected. But nice additions. I do wish the vending machines were more like benches or trash cans though where you can put them on the paths as you wish. It will help with putting them closer together instead of so much spacing apart.

This is 10x better than the hotels though in my opinion.

I also like the ability to color my staffs uniforms. Nice touch on that.

And... Grouping scenery. This will make fencing and curbing and other things so much easier and faster.

Like others have said really hoping for a bunch of nice flat rides in the DLC. The claw machine and vending machines make me think we might actually get midway games in the DLC this time so I am excited for more. I don't want to get too hyped though cause Everytime I do. I get let down pretty badly. Not just with plqnco updates but just everything in general. Like movies and things.

But I will definitely give props to what you guys showed today.

If you are listening to feedback.. Then my two cents is if there's anyway possible to make the vending machines just ploppable like trash cans and such please do that it just adds more flexibility on where they can be put.

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I'm hoping the new DLC has more content this time. I really don't want it to be a Space or Jurassic World Theme. I really don't have any use for them. What a lot of people been asking for is more flat rides which I totally agree with. I'm hoping the new DLC is an all Flat Rides DLC.

It definitely won't ever be Jurassic World, I can tell you that much :).

I really like what was shown today. A bit unexpected. But nice additions. I do wish the vending machines were more like benches or trash cans though where you can put them on the paths as you wish. It will help with putting them closer together instead of so much spacing apart.

This is 10x better than the hotels though in my opinion.

I also like the ability to color my staffs uniforms. Nice touch on that.

Great to hear it surprised you!

Oh boy, once again great additions to an already great game...thanks for sharing Bo, can´t wait to see what else you got in store 4 us! Keep up the great work and cheers to the whole team!

PlanCo dead, ey?! No way, now hop on board [up]

bo is there a snack machine along with the drink machine? and is there more arcade machines along with the claw machine ? i'm so excited for this update and i look forward to the dlc pack as well.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
bo is there a snack machine along with the drink machine? and is there more arcade machines along with the claw machine ? i'm so excited for this update and i look forward to the dlc pack as well.

It's the drink brands, so Gulpee, Cosmic Cow, Street Fox Coffee, and Pipshot.

Thanks Bo for clarifying that the new DLC will not be a Jurassic World type DLC. Can't wait to see what the new DLC is. Once again Planet Coaster is getting better and better with every free update and paid DLC. The team at Frontier are the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom