News about our upcoming update!

Entertainers are set in their design and cannot be recoloured. Soz!

As for the recolourable ride operators, might not be this update, but definitely being worked on!

THANK YOU. Finally some communication. If it wouldn't go into the next update it's fine to me - we can wait, especially when reasons are explained to us like in your post!!![big grin]

It's great to hear from the developers here on the forums about what is being worked on. I wish they would do more of that.

Really cool. but please add a Ocean map or flatland next time. and maybe make the entrance path of aatracctions as wide as the exit path (4m) so it can work better with the building grid <3 or atleast give is an option that the gates are invisible and you can set the path widh for yourself without the transition from 3m to any other widh. and please set us the side of the catwalk left, right, both.

Last edited:
I have looked around the forums but have not yet found any information so i'll just ask, have the devs said which stream they will be talking about the DLC on? Monday's or Wednesday's?

I'm curious to why you don't want to announce this. I mean I didn't know about Monday's reveal til after the fact. Don't you want people to tune in? It's not a great idea to wait til 15 minutes before and then say oh yeah.. news about DLC in todays stream. If I'm not mistaken this is how Studios was revealed. a tweet about 30 minutes before the show. I caught it only because I just happened to barely noticed it in my twitter feed. It was buried among a lot of other tweets.

Anyway just saying a heads up would be nice. If you don't know for sure if its going to be monday.. then just wait til Wednesday for sure. I don't mind waiting as long as I know.

Also.. a Monday announcement is great and all .. if your not in the US but I think thats like 7 AM my time. I am rarely up early in the morning. if I am its because i've been up all night working on stuff. Most people in the US are getting ready for work or asleep still at this time.

Granted.. on Wednesday a lot of people may still be at work. But I know when I was working it was almost always during my lunch so I could tune in and watch which was handy.

Anyway. Just saying don't wait til like 15 minutes before the announcement to actually announce the announcement.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I'm curious to why you don't want to announce this. I mean I didn't know about Monday's reveal til after the fact. Don't you want people to tune in? It's not a great idea to wait til 15 minutes before and then say oh yeah.. news about DLC in todays stream. If I'm not mistaken this is how Studios was revealed. a tweet about 30 minutes before the show. I caught it only because I just happened to barely noticed it in my twitter feed. It was buried among a lot of other tweets.

This puzzles me as well...

I really love all the content they put out there, love it as much as i love this game in general. But the marketing puzzles me as well.
Fortunatly someone was kind enough to notify me 3 minutes before the stream started and luckily i was able to make it in time.

Im always HYPED for updates, but please give me a chance to arrange stuff so i can at least be there during livestream reveals.
When it's announced 20 minutes before it happens, it might be over before i even realised it was there and i dislike that a LOT. Once again im a fan of this game, so i like to be around when stuff is announced.

Guess everything has it's reason or stragegy but ... It puzzle's me [happy]

But okay, this thread is about the update, and this takes nothing away from the fact that im HYPED for the update and the DLC whatever it may contain :D

Last edited:
Yeah I love when Frontier communicates but this is a bit disappointing, keeping it so vague and then pointing out it's vague...

I'm just hoping stuff gets released before my holiday, I'd hate for it to release after 14 July and my summer/free time is already over...

Last edited:
But then do they need to have an announcement for the announcement, for the announcement? Where does the madness end? We should be happy they even announce it and not just release it and then tell us about it. I would think they don't let us know to far in advance because maybe things are still being worked on and if something goes wrong (after they make the initial announcement for the announcement), then have have to deal with all of complaining that the announcement they announced (prematurely) would now be delayed for some reason. Announcement timing is a critical and fine tuned skill to be able to determine when the pre-announcement announcement needs to go out. BTW....Who's on first?

But then do they need to have an announcement for the announcement, for the announcement? Where does the madness end? We should be happy they even announce it and not just release it and then tell us about it. I would think they don't let us know to far in advance because maybe things are still being worked on and if something goes wrong (after they make the initial announcement for the announcement), then have have to deal with all of complaining that the announcement they announced (prematurely) would now be delayed for some reason. Announcement timing is a critical and fine tuned skill to be able to determine when the pre-announcement announcement needs to go out. BTW....Who's on first?

I couldn't take this serious at all because I kept imagining Rex from Toy Story trying to say it all...

happy they even announce it at all? amd release it and not tell us til after.. shhhh..Don't give them any ideas.

and yes.. we need an announcement because now the only reason i watch these livestreams is for news.. its certainly not for the workshop stuff or anything else.

Last edited:

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
But then do they need to have an announcement for the announcement, for the announcement? Where does the madness end?

I get what you are saying and partially i even agree, but place it a bit into perspective.

On every stream, there is always a person who asks for update news and the response it always something along the lines that the livestreams are not the place where announcements are being made. "Keep an eye on social media" etc etc.

So for me it was very odd to see a reveal on a livestream even without prior notice. I respect Frontiers decission to keep things a secret untill it's 100% sure. But once they do want to tell something, i would really like a chance to be there, just to be part of the hype.

This is the last i will say on the matter in this thread though, as this thread is ment for the update itself ;) And as stated before im very hyped for that!!
Im so curious to what the general "theme" will be as i feel we already have most of the usuall suspects :D

Last edited:
I get what you are saying and partially i even agree, but place it a bit into perspective.

On every stream, there is always a person who asks for update news and the response it always something along the lines that the livestreams are not the place where announcements are being made. "Keep an eye on social media" etc etc.

So for me it was very odd to see a reveal on a livestream even without prior notice. I respect Frontiers decission to keep things a secret untill it's 100% sure. But once they do want to tell something, i would really like a chance to be there, just to be part of the hype.

Also, it is a bit frustrating to me, that other Social Media get the Scoop earlier (seemingly) and the Forums are secondary at best.

They don't have to announce that there will be a live stream, because there is a set Schedule and that is fine. But i would wish that things like the release of a DLC would be announced well in advance, so we get a chance to get excited about it :D

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I have to agree here as well. If I had known in advance (at least 24 hours) that a livestream was going to be about an upcoming update, then I would have made sure to tune in as well. This time I had something else planned during last Tuesdays livestream on Twitch, which is why I missed the initial announcement of the free update for Planet Coaster.

It would have been awesome if I had known about the upcoming announcement livestream a little more in advance; because then I could have watched it live.

Entertainers are set in their design and cannot be recoloured. Soz!

Please give King Ghoster a colored friend!!

I'd like to point out that we have 3 variations of King Coaster that are all mainly white with a tiny bit of red, a solid gold King Coaster, and another King "ghoster" that is solid white. Obviously there are differences between the 5 versions of king coaster, but the fact that 4 of them are mainly white is a bit odd, don't you think? Its so colorless and boring [tongue]

I understand if the other entertainers are a bit too complicated to give some additional colors too, but it would seem a bit easier for the devs to add a few color choices to King Coaster, especially since we already have variations that are so similar maybe? I mean why are there 4 versions of the same color and only 1 other is gold? I wish there were some statistics showing how often people use the gold entertainer. At least give us a few choices for King Ghoster to be orange, blue or green, maybe even black, as he seems like the most simple/plain entertainer to give some color too, and it would really help mix up some variety there [up]

I'd also like to state that, as the main mascot of this game he looks very much like a baseball to me, and I wonder why nobody else sees it (lol) if hes a "planet" shouldn't he be blue or any other color besides the moon? Out of all the entertainers hes not my favorite, but maybe if he had some color variety it would make him more useful [yesnod] so, yeah adding extra colors for King Coaster is a must!

We do not need more than a few colors. Imagine a set of 6 colored king Ghosters and a set of 4 "planet" monarchs! There could be Mother Earth, Mars The Jester, A Dictator Sun, and Black Hole Knight ! Each with a different hat/crown and colored "coaster sash"

The whole point is to just add a little color and variety to the entertainers I mean its not a super big deal to the overall game, but the games pathing and the staff that walk on them are very important. King ghoster is a great design to add color to our parks if only he didnt come in only white, hes a big lump of clay let us mold him into something our own!

#LonelyGhoster#LongLivetheKing!

Last edited:
Also, it is a bit frustrating to me, that other Social Media get the Scoop earlier (seemingly) and the Forums are secondary at best.

They don't have to announce that there will be a live stream, because there is a set Schedule and that is fine. But i would wish that things like the release of a DLC would be announced well in advance, so we get a chance to get excited about it :D

I agree that it is a strange decision, but wonder if it has anything to do with the current "mood" at these forums? Maybe all the flamatory posts have made them half abandon the forums as a channel for information and do it on Twitter, Facebook and Twitch/YouTube instead?

I agree that it is a strange decision, but wonder if it has anything to do with the current "mood" at these forums? Maybe all the flamatory posts have made them half abandon the forums as a channel for information and do it on Twitter, Facebook and Twitch/YouTube instead?

What flamatory posts? The people who can't handle criticism and tell those who give it that they're being flamatory? Because that is actually much worse than the people who give criticism and care for the game.

It looks like a good update

This update does not seem bad, but I hope that in the future and also near update as I wrote in my post, the weather is added and that the water is no longer a layer but real water. However I will enjoy on youtube to see all the news added to Planet Coaster including the DLC of which no one knows anything yet apart from the developers and programmers of Frontier.

Top Bottom