*NEWS FLASH*

Can this be done on PC, I would be more than happy to offer payment for a hostage. This is jolly good RP.

Never needed the Fuel Rat services but never say never.

Very much enjoyed this thread.
Caliber

It was a lot of fun, especially when it was learned that other groups were jumping in. I would like to say, it was to help out the fuel rat, but mostly likely it was because there just happened to be a large group of cmdrs present.

Either way it was still fun

Can this be done on PC, I would be more than happy to offer payment for a hostage. This is jolly good RP.

Never needed the Fuel Rat services but never say never.

Very much enjoyed this thread.
Caliber
if you find a cmdr who not willing to log, self destruct, run then yes its possible as proven here, in the end the fuelrat was banned from the fuelrats because he didn't quit to the menu or self destructed as instructed by his higher ups as he wanted to rp, so he is now a valued member of the dms. They could of just payed but in the end they rather just watch the fuelrat die than comply.

helped cmdrs in the name of the fuel rats, left to die by them, great group that is.

don't get me wrong the fuelrats do save cmdrs and those cmdrs are amazing but it baffles me that they ask a cmdr in an combat situation to log or blow up than simply rp the situation by giving us 300t of imp slaves. in the end we got gold from stasis wolf and fair play to him for doing so. Godnamedthor also was willing to pay for the hostage so fair play to you cmdr.

hostage saved by the community, not by the fuelrats.

Last edited:
if you find a cmdr who not willing to log, self destruct, run then yes its possible as proven here, in the end the fuelrat was banned from the fuelrats because he didn't quit to the menu or self destructed as instructed by his higher ups as he wanted to rp, so he is now a valued member of the dms.

They actually weren't. There was a miscommunication that caused them to temporarily get banned from IRC, but that was quickly resolved. It takes quite a bit to actually reach the point where we ask a member to leave our ranks, and this certainly does not warrant extreme actions like that.

Miscommunication? You should have heard the fuel rats voice when he was reading us his commands responses. And being told that we had to stop streaming our RP so they could save face?

i suppose after this we may get hunted by someone and we did get banned from fuelrat chat but honestly it was well worth it. Once again we pull a heist off and most of it required the compliance of our victim.

im going to do a story on what happened from start to finish, so here we go

it began with getting all the dms members on at the agreed time which was 6pm and we ran through the plan about how we are going to get the fuelrat to us and once we have him at bay how and who would we get the payment off for his safe release. This first bit hitched on the fuel rat himself as he could of done a lot to get away, we all met up at the agreed location (bd 356) and went into normal space. Once everyone arrived I went on my laptop and requested fuelrat assistance where upon the fuelrat was sent to give me my very much needed fuel. I got into a party with the fuelrat quickly to calm myself and him as the excitement was very high and he was slightly suspicious of me as I still had my shields on which he detailed in the party that it usually is a sign of an ambush. I didn't think my shields being on was anything that could give me away but you learn something new everyday. The cmdr did notify the operators of my shields being on but I used my excuse of I didn't know and it takes forever to get them back on. After a few mins the cmdr comes back after having some issues which was a cover story for him calling the operators about my shields being up. Prior to the heist I wrote a paragraph which I was going to stick in the fuelrat chat once the cmdr dropped in, the message said
Attention fuel rats in this chat, we are dark marauders andwe have taken a fuel rat hostage and we want 300t of imperial slaves deliveredto our location in an unarmed anaconda in exchange for your fuel rat. We do notwant to kill this cmdr but if you try anything then we will be forced toexecute him. We will be watching the traffic entering the system and we expectfull compliance from you for the sake of this cmdr life and that we do not seeany armed ships enter the system. The cmdr will stay with us until we havesuccessfully picked up the cargo and once it has been collected we will leavepeacefully o7.

The cmdr did drop in where upon he was greeted by 6 members of the dark marauders, 3 cutters, 1 vette, 1 krait, 1 mamba and later a 7th in an anaconda. Meanwhile im watching the fuelrat chat and it isn't positive, one cmdr put, this is why I have you blocked. This cmdr surprised me as I always liked him as he was a compliant customer in the past so it was bit of a shock that he would block me to avoid being pirated by me given he could of gotten worse but that his choice. The cmdr managed to high wake away as we were worried we would kill him as he was a kheelback. Cmdr hairy polo chased and captured him then the armada came to secure our victim. This time the cmdr wasn't getting away as we reassured him that we mean no harm as long as he didn't run again. He put in the fuelrat chat that he was a hostage again and so it was back on. Once we had him at bay cmdr hairy polo went to social media to spread the word about the incident meanwhile the fuelrats are telling him to log or blow up, try to escape. The cmdr told us what they said and we explained to him why that isn't a great idea and he agreed. The cmdr didn't have a lot of money so you can grasp how much he valued his kheelback and how this was a new situation for him so he was a bit worried, hints why he ran earlier. The fuel rats were not going to pay terrorists even if one of theirs was on the line, to prove to the community that this was happening we set up two streams on mixer. Within an hour there was people watching, some fuelrats, some cmdrs from drty group. Later on cmdr stasis wolf offered to pay for the safe release of our hostage for 300t of gold. The fuel rats meanwhile constantly gave the guy solutions instead of just paying up and they started to threaten to remove him from the group if he didn't log out or high wake as he said it makes them look bad but if they had just payed then they wouldn't have that problem. Time went on and the fuel rats then threatened to kick him out if we didn't end our streams, now I couldn't care less about the fuel rats on how they felt about our stream but I didn't want to get this cmdr kicked out so we decided to take the stream down where upon they banned him from the group anyway. An player faction known as drty turned up to prevent us getting payed and IED were monitoring the situation as the leader asked if the cmdr needed any help. Cmdr stasis wolf turned up to save the day so we took turns collecting the payment in an system close by but due to instancing the drty group couldn't catch us and once we started getting the gold we let the hostage go free. We were still in the party with him after it all ended with drty getting slightly upset of our escape and the fuelrat abandoned by his group. After a bit of a chat the fuelrat who was our hostage joined us instead.

Don't turn this into a petty political debate mucker...some good RP was had and this has been an enjoyable read so far.

Would've been a bit more fun if not for typical instancing issues. It did work out eventually though

Can someone help me, they wont let me go. :(

i suppose after this we may get hunted by someone and we did get banned from fuelrat chat but honestly it was well worth it. Once again we pull a heist off and most of it required the compliance of our victim.

im going to do a story on what happened from start to finish, so here we go

it began with getting all the dms members on at the agreed time which was 6pm and we ran through the plan about how we are going to get the fuelrat to us and once we have him at bay how and who would we get the payment off for his safe release. This first bit hitched on the fuel rat himself as he could of done a lot to get away, we all met up at the agreed location (bd 356) and went into normal space. Once everyone arrived I went on my laptop and requested fuelrat assistance where upon the fuelrat was sent to give me my very much needed fuel. I got into a party with the fuelrat quickly to calm myself and him as the excitement was very high and he was slightly suspicious of me as I still had my shields on which he detailed in the party that it usually is a sign of an ambush. I didn't think my shields being on was anything that could give me away but you learn something new everyday. The cmdr did notify the operators of my shields being on but I used my excuse of I didn't know and it takes forever to get them back on. After a few mins the cmdr comes back after having some issues which was a cover story for him calling the operators about my shields being up. Prior to the heist I wrote a paragraph which I was going to stick in the fuelrat chat once the cmdr dropped in, the message said
Attention fuel rats in this chat, we are dark marauders andwe have taken a fuel rat hostage and we want 300t of imperial slaves deliveredto our location in an unarmed anaconda in exchange for your fuel rat. We do notwant to kill this cmdr but if you try anything then we will be forced toexecute him. We will be watching the traffic entering the system and we expectfull compliance from you for the sake of this cmdr life and that we do not seeany armed ships enter the system. The cmdr will stay with us until we havesuccessfully picked up the cargo and once it has been collected we will leavepeacefully o7.

The cmdr did drop in where upon he was greeted by 6 members of the dark marauders, 3 cutters, 1 vette, 1 krait, 1 mamba and later a 7th in an anaconda. Meanwhile im watching the fuelrat chat and it isn't positive, one cmdr put, this is why I have you blocked. This cmdr surprised me as I always liked him as he was a compliant customer in the past so it was bit of a shock that he would block me to avoid being pirated by me given he could of gotten worse but that his choice. The cmdr managed to high wake away as we were worried we would kill him as he was a kheelback. Cmdr hairy polo chased and captured him then the armada came to secure our victim. This time the cmdr wasn't getting away as we reassured him that we mean no harm as long as he didn't run again. He put in the fuelrat chat that he was a hostage again and so it was back on. Once we had him at bay cmdr hairy polo went to social media to spread the word about the incident meanwhile the fuelrats are telling him to log or blow up, try to escape. The cmdr told us what they said and we explained to him why that isn't a great idea and he agreed. The cmdr didn't have a lot of money so you can grasp how much he valued his kheelback and how this was a new situation for him so he was a bit worried, hints why he ran earlier. The fuel rats were not going to pay terrorists even if one of theirs was on the line, to prove to the community that this was happening we set up two streams on mixer. Within an hour there was people watching, some fuelrats, some cmdrs from drty group. Later on cmdr stasis wolf offered to pay for the safe release of our hostage for 300t of gold. The fuel rats meanwhile constantly gave the guy solutions instead of just paying up and they started to threaten to remove him from the group if he didn't log out or high wake as he said it makes them look bad but if they had just payed then they wouldn't have that problem. Time went on and the fuel rats then threatened to kick him out if we didn't end our streams, now I couldn't care less about the fuel rats on how they felt about our stream but I didn't want to get this cmdr kicked out so we decided to take the stream down where upon they banned him from the group anyway. An player faction known as drty turned up to prevent us getting payed and IED were monitoring the situation as the leader asked if the cmdr needed any help. Cmdr stasis wolf turned up to save the day so we took turns collecting the payment in an system close by but due to instancing the drty group couldn't catch us and once we started getting the gold we let the hostage go free. We were still in the party with him after it all ended with drty getting slightly upset of our escape and the fuelrat abandoned by his group. After a bit of a chat the fuelrat who was our hostage joined us instead.

It was a successful kidnapping. Well played for all involved.

Also I should add that I didn't want to fly all the way across the Bubble to Imperial space. Saving a Cmdr from rebuy is important but only so long as I don't have to go too far out of my way. [big grin]

Theres a imp station 9lys from our home with over 160kt of imp slaves in stock lol

here is some footage of the hostage situation

[video]https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thepirateorc/video/69156188[/video]

[video]https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thepirateorc/video/69156379[/video]

Don't turn this into a petty political debate mucker...some good RP was had and this has been an enjoyable read so far.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm all in favour of *good* RP gaming and here it is obvious to me that the fuel rat in question played along with the demands for the reason of having *fun* for themselves.
And that's all good.
However, there is a line in the sand. Calling menu log a cheat or exploit is crossing that line. "Shaming" someone for it is also crossing the line. By all means have a "house rule" amongst your player group where everyone agrees not to menu log. Great. But don't push that onto somebody that doesn't belong to your group and who hasn't agreed to the house rule, because quite simply, menu log is neither a cheat nor an exploit. That's not being political, either. That's just the way it is. If anything, it is the other way around. Anyone pushing "shame" at somebody for menu logging is the one pushing a political narrative.

Yours Aye

Mark H

Last edited:
This has turned out to be an interesting advert for those rodents.

They will go to the edge of the Galaxy; for a careless stranger, but not take, with a measly 300tons of Gold, to aid a friend in distress.

Now they need to step up and make a plan for the next time; because there will be, a next time.

Maybe they already have a policy, of not paying ransoms: If that is the case, then they should disclose this, to there members and the public.

Nice role play and Kudos to all involved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom