Distant Worlds II Event [DW2] Newsletters

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Alas, it won't be done today. It will more likely be out on Sunday. Hey, it just means the excitement of DWE lasts an extra couple of days...any complains? :mad:

Alas, it won't be done today. It will more likely be out on Sunday. Hey, it just means the excitement of DWE lasts an extra couple of days...any complains? :mad:
Yeah. Due to back issues (and worries about my ship) I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. In 15 minutes I'm having a GO / NO GO meeting on an application I've been working on the last 2 months. If people are going to be difficult I'm afraid I'll not be able to contain my grumpy side. My strategy is to let my manager do most of the talking.

And the coffee here is coffee only in name, so that doesn't help either.

In fact I have many complaints. None about the newsletter though :)

Yeah. Due to back issues (and worries about my ship) I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. In 15 minutes I'm having a GO / NO GO meeting on an application I've been working on the last 2 months. If people are going to be difficult I'm afraid I'll not be able to contain my grumpy side. My strategy is to let my manager do most of the talking.

And the coffee here is coffee only in name, so that doesn't help either.

In fact I have many complaints. None about the newsletter though :)

Take a deep breath. Blank your mind for 10 minuntes. Go into the meeting and with the best of luck, get a big fat GO stamped on your eye patch.

<3

Nope, fine by me (good actually, it will prevent my Total Recall Buckyball competitors getting distracted from the more important task at hand).

Again, the newsletter is delayed. Sorry folks! Not like you're going anywhere, I hope :)

It's an important one and I want to make sure we get it done right. It might get released today, but don't hedge your jumponium on it.

Actually, looking good. Might get it out today! I was going to deliberate on adding all sorts of extra sections, but I think it's actually more fitting to let them be things that are forum based - like a set of titles we can give out like "Best BRB" etc. Here's a thread for that sort of stuff. If we ever get round to printing a newsletter booklet compilation, the results of it can go there: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=243438

It's out! See op!

Very sad to release the final newsletter. There will be, of course, more news from the FGE so stay tuned to hear from them! We wish you a safe trip home, yet fly dangerous and thanks for the adventure o7

A great final issue, summarising the trip, putting it into perspective and sharing lots of wonderful things that have happened. Try not to cry or anything! If you want to get them printed off, see here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=241571

Nicely done. The very last paragraph reminds me this: "Our deepest fear is going space crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes." :)

FYI I made yesterday's newsletter in a rush, was a busy day, and tried to squeeze it out before I had to go out myself. You probably noticed with the whole "pulling it down" fiasco. Well, since I put it up again, I've gone over it and added lots of missing hyperlinks and made some grammar and spelling corrections. Feel free, for completion, to download it again and add this final final version to your collection :)

FYI, if you downloaded it after 12am last night, you're safe

Feel free, for completion, to download it again and add this final final version to your collection :)

Very nice, thank you (will read on the train tonight, box of tissues[B]*1[/B] on standby).

spDizdl.png

[SIZE=1][B]*1[/B] for tears! (anyone who immediately thought otherwise ... shame on you!)[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Very nice, thank you (will read on the train tonight, box of tissues[B]*1[/B] on standby).

http://i.imgur.com/spDizdl.png

[SIZE=1][B]*1[/B] for tears! (anyone who immediately thought otherwise ... shame on you!)[/SIZE]

Shame they are not so optimised for mobile :(

Awesome collection tho dude :D

Shame on me :(

What did you do now, Smiggy?

Did you forget the freebie winners?

No, yes. Sort of. I'm just really burnt out and dealing with that is still something to do. Already have in mind how it's going to pan out and am going to work on it with the admins at some point. Everyone will get what they were promised, don't worry :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom