Ships Next combat ship after Viper Mk III is Mk IV?

Your current build doesn't appear to have enough power to run your multicannon, even with several other non-essential systems turned off. You're going to need to engineer your PP, either armored or overcharged, to run everything (don't worry, this is normal, the Vultures main weakness is its low power output). I would also suggest then looking at engineering your thrusters for dirty drags, but again, watch your power. Felicity can do grade 1 on your PP and up to grade 3 on your thrusters. If you go up to grade 3 DD then you'll need either overcharged grade 1, or armored + monstered to run everything currently.

EDIT; Damn Ninjas!

The Vulture has been my favorite ship for some years - I always come back to it.
The second ship I nostalgically use is the Viper mk IV.

why? Because it flies great. Yes it doesn’t turn well compared to cobra III or vulture. But try Fa/off when pitching - it’s completely different.
And the lateral thrusters are maybe the best on any ship. If you latch onto the backside of a large ship and it tries to turn on you, just use the lateral up/down while keeping your nose pointed at the belly or top of tour opponent. The only way an opponent can get you into their sights are by boosting away.
Engineer the h.ll out of it - put some guardian shield boosters and it’s a great ship. And the best looking in the game imho.

my Viper mk IV fun boat

Mouse and keyboard is a great control system for fixed weapons. Fixed weapons are not easy to use and frustrating at first, but very worthwhile and satisfying.

Hotas has a much higher failure rate and requires a little upkeep like greasing if you play alot. The best setups are also expensive. YMMV

I used to use hotas, but I love short range railguns. For me short range rails were impossible with a stick. I use mouse and throttle now.

Based on the engineers you have access to right now, you could go with this build.

Note that some of the engineering is sub-optimal due to power concerns. The low draw/ flow control stuff should be swapped out for something more useful as soon as you can do more engineering to your power plant.

Oops, an embarrassing mistake. :eek:
Thanks for the advice guys, and this is the Vulture I'm flying at the moment. Have tested her a bit in combat and indeed she packs a punch!

Vulture.jpg

Thanks for the help commanders Гo

But now for the most important part, picking an paint job . . .

Last edited:
If you can stand to, start the engineer grind. Grade 5 dirty drives with the drag experimental are heaven.

Friend me in game and I will be happy to help you, same Commander name. You can join me in wing massacre missions, or I can assist you in yours. At the very least you will experience for yourself why grade 5 engineering is not optional in combat for end game PvE (Thargoid Interceptors) or PvP.

Of course, there is never any hurry. It's a game after all.

Best wishes.

:)

A bit nervous about fixed weapons, only been using gimballed and using mouse and keyboard I worry a lot of my shots won't connect.
Mouse and keyboard are very precise controls and many top class pvp'ers use mouse and keyboard. I also use m+k and I I've never had any problems with hitting. Regarding weapons for the Vulture.
My favorite combo is FIXED beam laser (short range) + gimballed frag cannon (corrosive shell). Frag cannon deals massive damage and the Vulture has only to hardpoints it's best to get the best potential out of them. Ship itself is agile enough to stick with powerful fixed weaponry, at least on the laser.

I will +1 the vulture. It is a flying turret. Last time I used one was before engineering was a thing so it has to be even better now.
Fixed weapons are very doable. I practiced with rail guns vs. scouts and pretty quickly got to where I now use imperial hammers on a normal basis against things that are NOT scouts.

Oops, an embarrassing mistake. :eek:
Thanks for the advice guys, and this is the Vulture I'm flying at the moment. Have tested her a bit in combat and indeed she packs a punch!

Vulture.jpg

Thanks for the help commanders Гo

But now for the most important part, picking an paint job . . .

Did you miss the shield in that build?

Controls, choose the ones you like and git gut with them. Some are easier and/or more reliable, but you can git gut with all of them. Maybe not a DDR pad, but you never know.
I use a gamepad and fly FAoff 90% of the time and love fixed weapons.

Did you miss the shield in that build?

Controls, choose the ones you like and git gut with them. Some are easier and/or more reliable, but you can git gut with all of them. Maybe not a DDR pad, but you never know.
I use a gamepad and fly FAoff 90% of the time and love fixed weapons.

Oops I did it again. But only when putting the info into Coriolis, in game I have the 5C bi-weave. So this is the Vulture I'm flying at the moment.

If you can stand to, start the engineer grind. Grade 5 dirty drives with the drag experimental are heaven.

Friend me in game and I will be happy to help you, same Commander name. You can join me in wing massacre missions, or I can assist you in yours. At the very least you will experience for yourself why grade 5 engineering is not optional in combat for end game PvE (Thargoid Interceptors) or PvP.

Of course, there is never any hurry. It's a game after all.

Best wishes.

:)

I just friended you. I'm poor at the moment, so I going to take my first shaky steps at mining.

Last edited:
Ok, got laser mining down. Won't bother with deep core mining for the moment.
Since laser mining is not the most fun part of the game, I mix it up with space combat. Help the local police keep the crime rate down.

orange vulture.jpg

what do you think of the paint job?

flash vulture.jpg

or this one? perhaps a bit too flashy . . .

Keep up unlocking engineers OP. It makes the game so much better when you costumize your ship to your liking.

this is my current Vulture build for mucking about in the ’verse - just for inspiration

I'm sporting these two paints.
Armament - variant 1) short range fixed beam + frag cannon with corrosive shell.
variant 2) 2x advanced plasma Acc.- this is mostly for pvp, but var.1 works well too!

93101x1961.jpg

Ps6EntM.png

The Vulture is so ugly that flashy is the only plausible paintjob. :p
I see your point, but I really can't agree

Keep up unlocking engineers OP. It makes the game so much better when you costumize your ship to your liking.

this is my current Vulture build for mucking about in the ’verse - just for inspiration

Oh I will, just not grinding it.

I'm sporting these two paints.
Armament - variant 1) short range fixed beam + frag cannon with corrosive shell.
variant 2) 2x advanced plasma Acc.- this is mostly for pvp, but var.1 works well too!

93101x1961.jpg

Ps6EntM.png

Like 'm both, but in the end I went with prestige orange.

Who's a good vulture then?
Who's a good vulture?
You are
Yes you are
Who killed the mean pirates then?
Who killed the mean pirates?
You did
Yes you did
Did the mean man call you ugly?
What does he know?
You're beautiful . . .

Orange Vulture Competent.jpg