Next Interstellar Initiative in July: The Enclave

Took me a second to realise you were talking about the upcoming event rather than the previous one 🙃

Although to be fair, given the current, live, game is almost in "maintenance mode" waiting on massive 2020 update, the community managers are trying their hardest with the tools at their disposal; but the pre-nerfed weapons were a lame outcome for three consecutive, interwoven CG's.

so you're saying reward the effort, not the result?

that's not how business works...and FDev is a business.

Fair play mate, you clearly love the game and should be voted onto the board of the directors. If they used even 10% of the ideas it would be great IMO.
They could at least do something along the lines of the Gnosis escapade. It is clearly possible to have hostile landing and take off. I felt sorry for the shieldless explorers who couldn’t even get to supercruise, it was supposed to be a exploration thing after all.
But at least when i boarded the Gnosis pre-jump i felt like stuff was actually happening, would i be stuck for a week in an AX Krait Mk2 with nothing to do?
As it happens, i saw my first Hydra, and then i ran away very very fast. Then goofed around having a whale of a time.

o7

A Guardian Thrust Booster from Ram Tah would be a good reward .... so work it back from there ....

Enclave (definition): a portion of territory surrounded by a larger territory whose inhabitants are culturally or ethnically distinct.

First guess:
In June Thargoids will conquer few systems in the bubble and they will make a small Thargoid Bubble in the Human Bubble. The scope will be to kick them out.
I hope I'm wrong...

Second guess:
As the first one, but these Thargoids are peaceful and look for a shelter from the other Thargoids. They will share with us part of their technology if we help them.

Third guess:
We will discover that our Bubble is actually inside a bigger Thargoid Bubble... 🤔 naaah that's just too crazy...
Thargoids attempt to capture and hold the space around Shinrarta Dezrah. Defend Shinrarta by shipping Biowaste to the surrounding systems or risk losing Jameson Memorial supermarket.

Probably won't ever happen, because only the Elite have access to Shinrarta. Would be good to have a high stakes fail situation though.

One of the small updates will be to introduce the Thargoids as a power and I would hope as a Faction. This will then make them a territorial power which will enable the 2020 main release to focus on fighting them off by creating a visible common enemy.

I'm not expecting anthing too spectacular after the last one. The ferry service paved the way for free movement of guardian commodities and materials, allowing for more effective development of weapons, module and ships which utilize their technology. Instead, we got a cannon with different ammo. Whee.

• Week 1 - Phase 1 (before the jump): Users vote in the forum where to place the megaship. Choose between system Coccorico A-12 H-VC or Coccorico A-12 L-MR.
  • Week 2 and 3 - Phase 2 (before the jump): All CMDR's need to travel up to the Coccorico system or they can wait one week and travel with the Megaship when it leaves the bubble.
  • Week 4 - Phase 3 (Frontier loves to mess with running numbers-see Beyond-): The mega ship jumps from Coccorico and this time it reaches the target system in the middle of the permit locked area. It is immediately attacked by the new Interceptor variant. CG to destroy the new interceptor. All explorers are blocked inside the ship.
  • Week 5 - Phase 4: Thargoids are defeated ("handgoded" by FDEV). CG to mine resorces to repair the megaship.
  • Week 6 - Conclusions: Megaship flies back. Players win a new Interceptor to fight in the bubble.
Maybe something like this except there won't be new content, just new bugs.

But suriously, I wish they would do one of two things:
1) Do stuff in these interstellar initiative which actually makes a difference in the game.
2) Stop doing these initiatives, increase communication and fix some bugs.

Last edited:
Like these guys ?

Attachments

• proxy.duckduckgo.com(16).jpg
    proxy.duckduckgo.com(16).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 224
Honestly, it is what bugs me so much about exploration. Imagine there would be genuinely dangerous regions of space, with both 'environmental' and 'alien' threats, and you could BSG your way through thousans of ultra-risky LYs in search of something (preferably a hidden chest that turns out to contain the last fabled roll of elephant butt leather) with your explo corvette. It would be epic and all mechanics required are already in-game.

But no. Because God forbid there would be even a small part in the massive galaxy where you cant mindlessly take pics of your asp with 3D shields in front of some blue ball or whatever. Imagine the outrage!
.... but I don't have a corvette....

Rank-Locked!

Stage 1: Universal Cartographics realize they're about to go bankrupt due to the ridiculously high payouts for mapping planets. Using the last of their credits, they hire a mercenary force to destroy all ships equipped with a DSS

Stage 2: Beleaguered explorers fall back to Sag A* and form a 'defense' ring of shieldless Anacondas and mining laser-equipped AspXs

Stage 3: The number of AFMUs in such a small volume reaches critical density with the result that they achieve sentience, taking over the exploration fleet

Stage 4: The AFMU-Hivemind begins construction of a Dyson sphere around Sag A*, threatening the rotational stability of the entire galaxy

week 1 Ex alliance president has been release from prision cell no conflict his supporters got him out... Bounty issued to find were hes gone on rogue ships looking for intell... tier level controlls the distance hes got before found.. . (bounty hunt CG)

week 2 multi mega ships prepair to leave alliance space to meet up with him and begin preps to jump... Call for Fed and empire to kill alliance ships to allow them to leave.. tier level reached by alliance limits the mega ships able to jump... (conflict zone CGs... Fed and empire vs Alliance)

Week 3 multi alliance systems Split from allaince as its found out that nearly 70 % of the top brass were allready allied with president and got him out before he was pushed to give up those who allready backed him from the admirals council... he never did the killing alone they voted to hide there support of him then got him out after as planned...
These systems call for pre war supplies ( muilt trade CG locations.. With extrem high pay put, War pays 30K per unit profit ... )

Week 4 Multi planets resources are offerd up to fed and empire to support the President if they assist in removing alliance ships from the split alliance regions and bring both capital ships fleets to fight for the new alliance enclave.. Ex fed and empire commanders did not defect to alliance they were given placements in the alliance to brooker this plan and bring there supporters to the president from Fed and empire .. (Rival wars CG with the winner taking more of the Alliance controlled space based on tier levels )...

Galaxy map change for ever no matter how this goes...

Top Bottom